Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Press and hold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have XBMC loaded on a Minix Neo X5, all works well except i cannot figure how to execute a "press and hold" command when using a wired mouse or a Measy RC11 Air Mouse.
What i mean is on my Galaxy Tab with XBMC when i want to re-scan a media folder for instance, i execute a press and hold on the folder on the touch screen and the context menu with extra options in it pops up, i cannot figure how to do this when using the Minix Neo X5 plugged into a tv, holding the left mouse button just executes an "enter" command, pressing the right mouse button executes a "back" command so how do i access the context menu?

Cheers

Sharpcroft
Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?
(2013-02-01, 18:44)sharpcroft Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?

Same like on a regular installation.
Right click. Or 'c' key.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard
(2013-02-01, 18:46)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-01, 18:44)sharpcroft Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody? Its driving me mad that i cannot do simple things like change folder contents from movie to tv series, its easy on a touchscreen tab but how do i do it on an android tv box with a keyboard/mouse attached?

Same like on a regular installation.
Right click. Or 'c' key.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

Right click for me on either the Measy RC11 airmouse or on a regular wired USB mouse acts like a "back" key on my Minix Neo X5 android (4.1.1) box, is there a setting or something that i am missing?
But pressing "C" does indeed bring up the context menu so at least i can do what i need, thanks.
I just hold down the mouse button for a long press...
(2013-02-06, 05:36)DevoiD Wrote: [ -> ]I just hold down the mouse button for a long press...

This does not work for me in Gotham, any idea how to get this feature to work in 13beta2? I use strictly a mouse on my android box to control xbmc and now I have no way of bringing up the context menu.
right mouse button doesn't work either?
(2014-03-21, 10:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]right mouse button doesn't work either?

Right mouse is back in android.
Why ignore the solution to press the "c" key? Because that's the only method I know for the Maesy R11 using the Confluence skin. That is what I use. If you really want to do it using mouse movements and buttons, then you have to change the skin to for example "Re Touched". Then the context menu has a button you can click on.
(2014-03-23, 11:26)noderat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 10:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]right mouse button doesn't work either?

Right mouse is back in android.

Right mouse click is context menu in Gotham beta/nightly builds. I just tested it to be sure. It will also do "back" if you use it while nothing is selected/targeted, which is the same for XBMC on all other OSes.
click the scroll bottom on your mous. It works for me
I use an Rii i8 mini keyboard and find that if you hold down the Fn key and press C, it operates just like the normal right button mouse operation