Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering problems with NPVR addon on Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dont know if this has been discussed before, I could not find any mention of it here so here goes:

I have NPVR running on a windows 7 machine with a PCIE dual HD TV tuner, which is my back end. For the front end I am using another windows 7 machine with XBMC Frodo and the NPVR add on for live tv.

I have noticed there are buffering issues at times. I have not been able to pinpoint what is causing them but they happen to occur quite frequently. I have both the back end HTPC and the front end PC connected via ethernet to the same router, so I am sure its not a bandwidth issue. The router and both the machines have GigaBit ethernet.

Is there some native setting in XBMC which I could tweak to enhance the buffer size? I know some people have done that for other issues but will this be solution to fix this problem with a PVR Addon? or is there something else that could be causing it (apart from the buffer size setting?)

All suggestions are welcome.. Thanks