Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Width of home menu items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have added three entries to the home menu ("Comedy", "Documentaries", "Sports"), that each go to a file list. This works great, but the problem is that the word "Documentaries" is too long for the space on the menu:

Is there any way to horizontally adjust this space? I tried adding <width> to the new Documentaries item in Home.xml, but it had no effect. I'd like to change the width just for Documentaries, but I don't mind if I have to change the width for all home menu items.

[ 12.0 Frodo, Windows 7 x64 ]

Thanks for any help!
What about abbreviating the term "Documentaries" or switching fonts to "Default with no caps"?
I too have this issue, and with all respect as may be due an answer "try smaller fonts" is inapposite. A horizontal menu which cannot run past the width of the screen is ridiculous - at best a design failure. If the range of items to be put on the menu is constrained by the word-length of the strings then it seems to be that a vertical menu is a batter choice, as it places (practicaly) no word-length limits.
You can change width of <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> for Control id=9000 to extend the labels
Thus this needs some more adjustments to fit to the rest...

mad-max
(2013-02-18, 17:20)DiMag Wrote: [ -> ]I too have this issue, and with all respect as may be due an answer "try smaller fonts" is inapposite.

Listen, I'm not a skinner, so I was just offering a pragmatic solution to the OP whom, I take it, isn't one either. You are always welcome to change to a different skin or modify the default skin yourself, as mad-max has explained. There's more than one way to skin a cat.