Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weird -1 issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, this is my first post.
I have xbmc frodo final installed on multiple clients:

- Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 Datacenter: hosts files and SQL database xbmc is only launched for management purposes
- Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc nightly (Main media player, shares library with server through sql)
- Windows 8 Pro x64 (secondary media player)
- Android (irrelevant for this issue)

Problem:
There are several situations with negative numbers that should not be there.

1. Rating -99:
This is certainly the most annoying issue.
Whenever a new tv episode has not yet been rated on thetvdb, instead of displaying a rating of 0.0 or something similarly sensible, it displays -99.0.
Here are two screenshots for the same episode of the late late show with craig ferguson (as especially late night talk shows tend not to get ratings at thetvdb at all):
Image Image
As you can see, the episode has no rating at thetvdb, thus displaying -99.0 in xbmc across all my systems.

2. Season -1:
This issue began recently, when my tv show manager stopped naming daily shows by season and episode, but by date instead. Still, shouldn't be an issue, since i scrape my metadata from xbmc.
Let's take craig ferguson as an example again, although this happens with all late night talk show episodes from 2013:
Image Image
I already removed the show from the library, then updated the library again to force a rescan of the folder, on my hdd the season folder is correctly named Season 09. All metadata is correct and scraping works without an issue, but what is with this weird -1?

3. Airdate 31-12-1969:
Again, this seems to appear, whenever there is no airdate available. I know, 01-01-1970 is often referred to as day zero in computing, so this again would be -1.
As an example here is a special from Curb Your Enthusiasm:
Image Image
thetvdb shows no airdate, so xbmc assumes 01-01-1970 is the airdate, then subtracts one, just for sh*ts and giggles.

This seems to be the common problem, whenever there is no source number available, it should show 0, but then instead decides for a negative number, -1 or -99.0. I just don't know why.
The worst case would be a tv shows's episode in Season -1, aired on 31-12-1969 with a rating of -99.0, but i have yet to come across one of those.

The only thing about my xbmc setup, that might be different from the very standard, is that while i have it running in english US, my region and timezone settings are set for central europe / germany / berlin to get accurate time and let weather display in centigrade and that i sync my library with sql across multiple devices, but i set that up 100% according to the wiki, just the video library and music library path in advancedsettings.

really? nobody?
could anybody please at least give me a small pointer? like whether these issues are there for everybody or whether it is my setup that caused this?
I dont have anything helpful to add, except perhaps you should also post a sample of your files structure and naming as is on your server. Also name your Thread something meaningful like (TVDB scraper discrepancies/problems) and add a debug log.

Noticed that since last week a series Transporter which is set with DVD order decided to scrape all episodes correctly except S01e06 which gets named as if it were episode 09 basically ignoring the DVD order. I haven't noticed any of your issues though.

uNi
Not sure which skin you're using, but if it's not the default Confluence, trying switching to that and see if it makes any difference.
The screenshots show its confluence quite obviously.

uNi
Some of the screen shots are from the TVDB website.
Haven't run across any of those issues myself. I'd list out your specific folder and naming structure and couldn't hurt to grab a full debug log while you are scanning in one of these shows.

Do you use nfo files in any way? (tvshow.nfo and/or episode nfo files) If you do, I'd delete all nfo files related to a specific show you are having trouble with and then refresh it.

(2013-02-02, 17:44)MirandaU Wrote: [ -> ]I already removed the show from the library, then updated the library again to force a rescan of the folder, on my hdd the season folder is correctly named Season 09. All metadata is correct and scraping works without an issue, but what is with this weird -1?

Just a note that XBMC doesn't care about what season folders are named or if you even use season folders. What's used for scraping is the show folder name and the episode file names.
Hi!
Have you found any solution to this issue? I have the same problem regarding the date. SOMETIMES, new episodes are not matched correctly and are storead without information/screenshot and with the airdate 31-12-1969.
I thought it might be because the file/episode is so new and the episode would be downloaded before information on the tvdb was available. But normally the tvdb contains information of episodes that are going to air the future - only with images or airdates missing sometimes.
(2013-02-06, 14:49)gabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Just a note that XBMC doesn't care about what season folders are named or if you even use season folders. What's used for scraping is the show folder name and the episode file names.

as well as information from the NFO files, if present.
I don't have an answer per se but I wanted to say that I personally ran into this today which is what brought me to this thread. I'm using XBMC 12.1 on a XBMCbuntu install. It seems to me that at least in my case this occurs with TV Shows that are named in a non-standard way. Personally I always name files in the %TVShowName%.sXXeXX.%FileExtension% format. However, I had some TV Show recordings that were recorded by MythTV and were being renamed automatically by a post processing script to %TVShowName%.%EpisodeName%.%AirDate%.%FileExtension%. It seemed to me that it was intermittent when the "Season -1" problem would show up. However, I think the reason the problem happens is at least in part for me is because some of the shows that I watch have "Specials" or "Behind the Scenes" shows which may also air with the same or almost the same Episode Name. One of the shows that did this for me was The Walking Dead. Here's the TVDB link for that show.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=153021&lid=7

You can see that many of the 1st and 2nd season shows all had Specials with similar names. For reference here is the file naming format that several of my Shows were named:

The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye 2010-10-31.avi
The Walking Dead - Guts 2010-11-07.avi

I'm not sure if XBMC just didn't get an absolute match or what. Regardless, in my case I simply renamed each file (see below) to the same format I used for other shows and forced XBMC to re-scrape. This caused the shows to show up in the correct Season now.

The Walking Dead.s01e01.avi
The Walking Dead.s01e02.avi

Not sure if this helps anyone but this is what I found today.
The "Season -1" issue has been fixed for v12.2. It's in the pre-v12.2 if you want to test.