Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sources and other
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of doubts, let's see if someone can clarify.

I have a source defined as Movies, with n paths:

nfs://server/dir1
nfs://server/dir2
nfs://server/dirN

can this cause any slowdown to xbmc, compared to a single path? And when I say n folders, I probably mean 25 Big Grin

Also, if at some point in time I change the source paths to

nfs://anotherserver/dir1
nfs://anotherserver/dir2
nfs://anotherserver/dirN

will this cause troubles to xbmc in finding/updating/cleaning the database? Does it use the whole path or only the file name to identify movies? I suppose in the first case it is anyway possible to easily update the db, since it is for sure 3NF.

Last thing.. I noticed that accents are not correctly sorted, so <È>, italian uppercase for <è>, which is the verb <is>, is put after letter <Z>, while it should be sorted as <E> or <E'>. Any tag in advancedsettings to override this behavior?
The whole path is stored in the database, so changing to anotherserver will screw things up.

You could export your database, do a search and replace on the resulting xml file, and import it after moving everything to anotherserver.

Sorry being an english speaker, I am not sure at all about accented characters.

PS tidying up your data so all movies are in one or two directories might alleviate you from having 25 mount points!
In theory I don't believe having multiple sources will slow things down, but I have never tried it with 25 sources.