Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Support for HAMA Remote Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I'm new here and I got a question. Smile

I bought the "HAMA Remote Control for Windows Media Center" for my HTPC with XBMC. Some of the feature does work fine but not all. Is it possible to implement the full functional for this remote control, or is there a addon?

It's very annoying to use the remote control mouse function to open the information menu (with mouse right click) to view informations about the movie or music. It will be better if I could use the (i)-button (info button) to open this site.

I would be happy to get a quick response. Smile

Greets from Germany.
Copy and paste the below into a file in userdata/keymaps called keyboard.xml. The info button on the Hama is hard coded to a right mouse click so it can't be changed. Info is mapped to the record button and the star button ContextMenu is mapped to the hash button, you can edit it to your liking. Make sure to turn on "remote sends keypresses" to make the Hama work in the on screen keyboard.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>>
<f14>VolumeDown</f14>
<f13>Mute</f13>
<numpadtimes>Info</numpadtimes> <!--star key -->
<numpadfive mod="alt">ContextMenu</numpadfive> <!--hash key -->
<return mod="alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</return> <!--Start key -->
<f4 mod="alt">Info</f4> <!--close key -->
<r mod="ctrl">Info</r> <!--record key -->
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Thank you for your answer but this confuses me a bit. Smile

The info button is mapped to the record button and the star (?) button (ContextMenu) is mapped to the hash (?) button? Pardon but which one is the star and which one the hash button of the remote? And does this do what I want?

In your source code: What's about VolumeUp and mod="alt" f4 = Info? xD Sorry but I understand nothing. I'm new to XBMC and I'm not firm with this. Smile

Btw. The "start" button starts Windows Media Center. Does the <!--Start key --> section fix it to go back to the home screen of xbmc?
I studied a little bit the internet and this site here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Hama_MCE_Remote . So I installed the MCERemote that shall get my remote to work but nothing happens. Always the same.

I think I should use a keaymap. But how does it work with the info button on my remote and the green start button? Does your example handle this?

Btw. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1.
Here is a quick solution for the green Button.
-> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798 (did not test it because I used this Tool -> http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote)

Did you have a look in the german board here? -> http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...#post52958

I threw my remote away and use the Xbox360 wireless Gamepad now, so I cant give you further support regarding the HAMA Remote Sad
The star and hash buttons are on either side of the 0 of the numeric keypad. The Hama remote sends key combinations and is recognized as a keyboard and mouse by the OS

<f4 mod="alt">Info</f4> <!--close key -->

In this example the key combo being sent by the Close key is alt+f4 and the action it is doing is calling the Info screen the <!--close key --> at the end is simply a comment and is ignored by the system. On a Windows system you'll have to disable Media Center by whatever means.

The record button and the star button will both bring up info, the hash button will bring up the Context Menu
The "i" button on this remote is hard-coded as the RMB, which is typically used to open the context menu in XBMC. If you don't use a real mouse at all for navigating within the XBMC application, you can always copy the installation mouse.xml file to your userdata (wiki)\keymaps\ directory and change the <rightclick> statement to do something else. For example:
Code:
<rightclick>Info</rightclick>
changes the right mouse button to open the Info window. Since the "i" button on the remote is the same as the right mouse button, it will now open the Info window when pressed.