Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started an introductory post (feel free to comment; edit):

Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows

DSPlayer is a DirectShow-based media player for Kodi Entertainment Center. DSPlayer development is handled through its own branch, which is kept in sync with changes to the official Kodi codebase. The player is designed to work with or replace the default Kodi media player, DVDPlayer, while offering full integration with the existing Kodi interface. This means all media databases and player controls will function in the same manner as a standard Kodi installation. DSPlayer is installed on Windows operating systems through custom installation packages, which are made available in conjunction with official releases of Kodi.

The DSPlayer branch is maintained exclusively by Kodi member aracnoz. Without his efforts, DSPlayer would not exist. This project was also made possible by the many contributions of past members including:
  • tiben20
  • blinkseb
  • 0wing
  • Eduard K
Unlike the main branch, which encompasses a team of Team Kodi programmers, DSPlayer is maintained by one member in his free time. Therefore, users cannot be guaranteed the same level of bug-free experience as official Kodi releases due the limitations of available resources and testing. With that said, technical questions and suggestions for improvement are welcome, and the player is always being upgraded to keep pace with the latest Kodi features.

DSPlayer Features:
  • Compatibility with most custom DirectShow filters such as LAV Filters, Xy-SubFilter, Haali Media Splitter, AV Splitter, FFDShow, AC3Filter, etc.;
  • Full integration with madVR video renderer including a customized madVR gui and access to all madVR post-processing features;
  • Custom video renderers: Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) and Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9);
  • Complete settings gui for DSPlayer-related controls and options;
  • Extended audio streams and subtitle choice dialogs;
  • Ability to add filters and assign media rules through the Kodi interface.
Warnings:
  • This is an unofficial Kodi build, not from Team Kodi!
  • This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
  • The build is maintained exclusively by aracnoz, and all questions and concerns should be directed to aracnoz in this thread. Thereby, this thread functions as the official support forum for DSPlayer.
Known Issues/Limitations:
  • DSPlayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). However, playing some types of such streams is possible via LAV Splitter as source/splitter filter. It is possible to reroute network streams to DVDPlayer.
  • There is limited support for DVD ISO files with external filters, but not Blu-ray ISO, and no support for BDMV or other Blu-ray folder structures. Again, these files can be rerouted to other players (DVDPlayer or external).
Resources: Official DSPlayer Releases:

PLACE LINK TO MOST RECENT BUILD HERE
Bug: Pressing Skip Back and then stop before the player has a chance to resume leads to freezing quite often. This is especially true if you skip back to the beginning of the movie and then press stop.
Also, my problem with rendering stats has gone away with madVR release yesterday, which contains various bug fixes.
(2015-04-01, 19:05)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Known issues/limitations:
  • DSPlayer does not support ass/ssa subtitles with complex effects (shadows, karaoke etc.), though it can display those subs with simple formatting (fonts, colors, position etc.).
    There is limited support for DVD ISO files, but not Blu-ray ISO, and no support for BDMV or other Blu-ray folder structures.

With XyVSFilter & XySubfilter supported, this information is considered obsolete. It is refer to internal DSPlayer subtitle filter.

DVD ISO supported required manually edit media rules to use dvdnavigator filter in graph. It is not supported out of the box.

Something like this (Taken from outdated DSPlayer wiki)

<rules>
<rule filetypes="iso">
<source filter="tsfilesource" />
<splitter filter="mpeg2demultiplexer" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="ifo">
<source filter="dvdnavigator" />
<splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
<video filter="mpeg2videodec" />
<audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
</rule>

It is very limited and not encouraged to use DSPlayer on ISO. Better convert to other format.
Ok, edited once more.
@Warner306

it looks great but

we must remember all those that have developed DSPlayer in the past years

tiben20, blinkseb, 0wing, Eduard K.

without them nothing would exist
The code for the introductory post is below (this includes all formatting):

PHP Code:
[u][b]Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows[/b][/u]

DSPlayer is a DirectShow-based media player for Kodi Entertainment CenterDSPlayer development is handled through its own branchwhich is kept in sync with changes to the official Kodi codebaseThe player is designed to work with or replace the default Kodi media playerDVDPlayer, while offering full integration with the existing Kodi interface. This means all media databases and player controls will function in the same manner as a standard Kodi installation.  DSPlayer is installed on Windows operating systems through custom installation packageswhich are made available in conjunction with official releases of Kodi.  

The DSPlayer branch is maintained exclusively by Kodi member [b]aracnoz[/b]. Without his effortsDSPlayer would not existThis project was also made possible by the many contributions of past members including:
[list]
[*][
b]tiben20[/b]
[*][
b]blinkseb[/b]
[*][
b]0wing[/b]
[*][
b]Eduard K[/b]
[/list]
Unlike the main branchwhich encompasses a team of Team Kodi programmersDSPlayer is maintained by one member in his free timeThereforeusers cannot be guaranteed the same level of bug-free experience as official Kodi releases due the limitations of available resources and testingWith that saidtechnical questions and suggestions for improvement are welcome, and the player is always being upgraded to keep pace with the latest Kodi features.  

[
u][b]DSPlayer Features[/b][/u]:

[list]
[*]
Compatibility with most custom DirectShow filters such as LAV FiltersXy-SubFilterHaali Media SplitterAV SplitterFFDShowAC3Filteretc.;
[*]
Full integration with madVR video renderer including a customized madVR gui and access to all madVR post-processing features;
[*]
Custom video renderersEnhanced Video Renderer (EVR) and Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9);
[*]
Complete settings gui for DSPlayer-related controls and options;
[*]
Extended audio streams and subtitle choice dialogs;
[*]
Ability to add filters and assign media rules through the Kodi interface.
[/list]
[
u][b]Warnings[/b][/u]:
[list]
[*]
This is an unofficial Kodi buildnot from Team Kodi!
[*]
This build comes with no warrantiesexplicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
[*]
The build is maintained exclusively by aracnoz, and all questions and concerns should be directed to aracnoz in this threadTherebythis thread functions as the official support forum for DSPlayer.
[/list]
[
u][b]Known Issues/Limitations[/b][/u]:
[list]
[*]
DSPlayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). Howeverplaying some types of such streams is possible via LAV Splitter as source/splitter filterIt is possible to reroute network streams to DVDPlayer.
[*]
There is limited support for DVD ISO files with external filtersbut not Blu-ray ISO, and no support for BDMV or other Blu-ray folder structuresAgainthese files can be rerouted to other players (DVDPlayer or external).
[/list]
[
u][b]Resources[/b][/u]:
[list]
[*][
url=http://kodi.wiki/view/DSPlayer]DSPlayer - [i]Kodi Wiki[/i][/url]
[*][url=http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=154534]Frodo -> Helix Thread [i](retired)[/i][/url]
[*][url=http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576]HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters & madVR[/url]
[/list]
[
color=#FF0000][u][b]Official DSPlayer Releases[/b][/u]:[/color]

PLACE LINK TO MOST RECENT BUILD HERE 
I'm not sure if the guide link should be in there or not. The guide is very specific in its setup, not a general introduction to DSPlayer.
I removed the guide link. I don't want to tell everyone how to configure DSPlayer. There are many options.

Replaced with a "Resources" section.
i fixed the support of pixelshader with madvr... I had completely forgotten this aspect

@Warner306

I did not understand what you mean but

your guide on how-to setup dsplayer and madvr should be definitely in there, it's a huge and wonderful work

ps sorry i made a mistake with a name

it's tiben20
(2015-04-01, 22:16)aracnoz Wrote: [ -> ]i fixed the support of pixelshader with madvr... I had completely forgotten this aspect

@Warner306

your guide on how-to setup dsplayer and madvr should be definitely in there, it's a huge and wonderful work

it's tiben20

The guide link is still there, it's just presented in a different way. If you want to use what is there, I posted the code with formatting a couple of posts below it.

Could someone else confirm this introduction is adequate for a new DSPlayer thread?

@aracnoz

You should start the thread to retain editing privileges. This would also be a good place to link to the most recent installer.
(2015-04-01, 22:16)aracnoz Wrote: [ -> ]i fixed the support of pixelshader with madvr... I had completely forgotten this aspect

@Warner306

it's tiben20

I am still getting fairly frequent freezes using the most recent version of madVR (released today). This happens most often when the player is stopped or when the backspace key is used to stop the video.
(2015-04-01, 20:50)aracnoz Wrote: [ -> ]@Warner306

it looks great but

we must remember all those that have developed DSPlayer in the past years

tiben20, blinkseb, 0wing, Eduard K.

without them nothing would exist

Agree completely, +1

@Warner306

Does not happen to me though (i didn't have time to download the last madVR version yet, but got the last DSPlayer). Funny however, the thing that gave me problems was the delay introduced to start the playback.... This delay, plus, the GUI freezing, vanishing and re-showing up for 1 sec before finally start the playback was giving me crashes, till i realized i could deactivate it in the GUI aracnoz built.
Aracnoz, u're doing good making all these things options in the GUI.
@aracnoz

I just installed your latest .exe from your signature and applied the nightvision shader but it's still not working. The picture is normal not green.
I use the nighvision shader only to see that adding a shader is working. But i guess it's not.

What i'm doing wrong and how can i check which shader is applied during playback?
i'm building right now the setup with pixelshaders support for madVR

i fixed something on "system filter ds mertis" that now are properly recognized by DSPlayer

@vicmanpergar

have you set kodi in real fullscreen instead windowed mode?

p.s.

I think these will be the last changes

Helix should not have any update, so until a stable version of isengard i can rest