Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dependency Issue in Confluence Vertical...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded my main XBMC from 10.0 straight to 12.0.

I want to restore the Confluence Vertical style - the family don't cope well with change - and I downloaded version 2.1.1 of this (from here: http://code.google.com/p/jezzxbmc/downlo...p&can=2&q=)

When I installed I got a dependency error. Strangely, this skin (same version) is working fine on my ATV2 system (upgraded from 11, to RC2, to 12).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I don't know if there's a Frodo compatible version for that skin.
@tanglin, what did you end-up doing? I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you -- except that I haven't upgraded yet!
Good old vertical, just doesn't want to die Smile
I haven't looked any further than this, so there'll probably be other problems but you could try editing "addon.xml" in the skin folder and changing

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
  </requires>

to

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="4.0.0"/>
  </requires>

Which should at least stop the dependency error.

edit

Knew that there would be other issues Smile Give me a couple of days & I'll knock up a Mod that runs on Frodo
Thanks, C/P error - Edited post - Now I need to find where I copied it from Smile
Been Playing

http page skin.confluence-vertical.mod

Bear in mind this has been a quick (+/- 4 hrs) look and conversion of the original vertical Confluence & it will have issues (eg Weather - looking at it now) but it can't be worse than plonking the old skin straight into a new install of XBMC Wink
Created thread for Vertical Mod after a bit more work than the 4hrs mentioned here Smile
(2013-04-15, 04:46)bsmith1051 Wrote: [ -> ]@tanglin, what did you end-up doing? I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you -- except that I haven't upgraded yet!

On my main system (Windows 7) I ended up with the new default skin, and it kind of grew on us..

On the Apple TV I had Confluence Vertical remaining after going to 12.0. However with the acceptance of the new skin when 12.1 came out I just did a full reinstall.

So, I'm afraid I don't really know what I did to keep it initially, but now it's gone...