Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo and Back again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I bit the bullet and installed Frodo on my atv2..running ios 4.3. All the artwork was missing and I could not play my movies, however I could play my TV shows which are stored on the same NAS only in a different folder... both are in mkv format.
So back I went.
So now I need to re-install Next Aired Script however when I try to install it it says dependencies not met, checking log file I see it's looking at Frodo version
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr....5.zip.md5

Where can I get the eden versions of files?

thanks
Uninstall it in XBMC and reinstall it. When it reinstalls it will use the Eden add-on repository.
I downgraded, according to instructions using nightly build , I suppose that's not the same thing which is why when running Eden I still have it pointing to Frodo repo
Thanks
XBMC itself isn't pointing to the Frodo repo, but Frodo-installed(updated) add-ons that are still left over from the downgrade are. Hence uninstalling the problematic add-ons and reinstalling them should fix it.
so, if I simply uninstall Next Aired and then re-install it should be fine? I tried this with Metropolis skin, uninstalled, downgraded and then went to Eden and tried to re-install but ended up with "dependencies not met", checking debug I can see again that it is pointing to Frodo repo.
Man,, I should have left well enough alone Tongue

Debug on start shows Eden :::
13:08:24 T:75124736 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120702-f3cd288), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F455)). Built on Jul 2 2012

I see this in log file:::
13:17:03 T:75124736 DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <addons/frodo/script.tv.show.next.aired/script.tv.show.next.aired-5.0.5.zip.md5> using cache
 DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x23d0c080) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...ext.aired/

regarding next aired, guess I should do a complete uninstall of addon and then try a reinstall.
Next Aired probably needs to be fixed first because Metropolis is giving Next Aired as a dependency.
(2013-02-03, 19:25)homerjs Wrote: [ -> ]So I bit the bullet and installed Frodo on my atv2..running ios 4.3. All the artwork was missing and I could not play my movies, however I could play my TV shows which are stored on the same NAS only in a different folder... both are in mkv format.
So back I went.
So now I need to re-install Next Aired Script however when I try to install it it says dependencies not met, checking log file I see it's looking at Frodo version
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr....5.zip.md5

Where can I get the eden versions of files?

thanks

Homer, I had this same issue originally. Tv shows worked but movies had no art work. Did you ever get it working, or were you able to successfully revert back to Eden?
No, never got it working, I even tried going again to Frodo still no luck, then went back to Eden. I am not sure why once you upgrade your libraries get "lost" and artwork becomes non existent, some movies were actually using fanart as a poster... I have a NAS smb , there seems to be no explanantion or what to do when going from Eden to Frodo and finding or setting up your shares again. Sad
(2013-02-05, 15:22)homerjs Wrote: [ -> ]No, never got it working, I even tried going again to Frodo still no luck, then went back to Eden. I am not sure why once you upgrade your libraries get "lost" and artwork becomes non existent, some movies were actually using fanart as a poster... I have a NAS smb , there seems to be no explanantion or what to do when going from Eden to Frodo and finding or setting up your shares again. Sad

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was blasted for showing my setup prior to upgrading to Frodo and then had my post removed, so I can't show you what my pre-Frodo setup looked like. I think you were having the same issues as I in regards to losing your artwork and metadata. I ended up completely wiping out my Frodo install by restoring my apple TV and re-jail breaking. I had issues with just uninstalling Frodo and at one point, I was no longer able to SSH into the device.