Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC FRODO and MP TV Server 1.3.beta Installproblems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First, I have a Multiboot PC with several HTPC Installs. On the first I use XBMC Frodo with DVBViewer and Recordingservice - all works fine. On the second I try to install MP 1.3 beta Server with XBMC Frodo but have a lot of Problems:

- I install MP TV Server 1.3.only and configured it
- then download Mediaportal _v130beta_TVServerXBMC _Plugin_bin_rev120 and extract it. Now I have 2 Folders with Release and Debug. I dont know where this dlls to copy. Should it be copy to MP Plugin Folder ?
- Wiki makes be very confused about this - I could not find a XBMCTVServer .dll

Please Help

Best Regards
Harald
(2013-02-03, 23:44)Haraldpeter Wrote: [ -> ]- Wiki makes be very confused about this - I could not find a XBMCTVServer .dll

Search the release folder. It should be there.
You copy the dll from the release folder and put it in: programs/team media portal/tv service/plugins

I'm doing that from memory so might be slightly different to that but its something like it Smile
Hi,

oh - ESET Smart Security kills this dll.because of a virus - so i cannot find that in Release.
Of course I dont believe that and configure ESET to ignore this dll.

Now it works

Best Regards
Haraldpeter
I also write this post because I have a similar problem.
I installed MediaPortal 1.3.0 final + TVServerXBMC v1.2.200.120 plugin, but displays error xbmc version obsolete.
Any suggestions?
I think there are 2 versions of the 1.2.200.120 DLL. One for 1.3 and one for 1.2.3. The files are hosted here:
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...rxbmc.html

EDIT.
I have tested the DLL with the RC release but not the final (didn't realise it had come out). The DLL may not be compatible.
in your opinion is better to wait or go to the previous version?
I'm actually not using either now. I've swapped to TVheadend. Mediaportal is very easy to set-up but the TV service crashes very easily too. I didn't find any difference between 1.2.3 and 1.3. They both crashed at random points.
do you use TVheadend on windows?