Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SQL help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I crashed my volume on my Synology Diskstation, I had mySQL playing nicely with XBMC. Now I can't get it to work. I created a user xbmc and password xbmc on the server and launched XBMC with the advancedsettings.xml and it created all the tables. I then added sources and let my computer scrape everything. I copied the sources and advancedsettings xml's to my livingroom htpc and opened XBMC and it appears to see media but I have no fanart or thumbnails. I tried refreshing the sources to get the graphics to download but it didn't work. I removed the advancedsettings.xml and scraped and everything works fine without SQL. I am forced to not use SQL until I can figure out what I am forgetting. Since everything is scraped on my PC, shouldn't all the media, fanart, and thumbnails already be visible on any htpc that I put the advancedsettings.xml onto? The wiki just points me to an outdated link for Synology SQL configuration and the XBMC setup is not clear (to me) at all. Any suggestions?
what version of XBMC are you using?

Eden requires either a symlink or copying the thumbnails directory to each client. Frodo works differently by saving the URL of the artwork in a daatbase so each client can access it.