Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i currently use WMC along with an HDHR3 for my live tv and dvr and i see that XBMC now has live tv which i would love to switch over to since i keep the rest of my media on it. I went through the steps on XBMC's cover page dealing with pvr support and it had me download nextpvr and did everything it said but it didn't seem to work. XBMC found all the channels when i click on live tv but when i would click on one nothing would happen and xbmc would crash, and the guide was just blank as well.. I have a comcast cable card in the tuner and have an i7 3770k 3.5 ghz quad core with nvidia geforce 550 ti and asrock z77 extreme4 mb and Windows 8. Hoping someone out there can help me out, would be very much appreciated!
So i currently use WMC along with an HDHR3 for my live tv and dvr and i see that XBMC now has live tv which i would love to switch over to since i keep the rest of my media on it. I went through the steps on XBMC's cover page dealing with pvr support and it had me download nextpvr and did everything it said but it didn't seem to work. XBMC found all the channels when i click on live tv but when i would click on one nothing would happen and xbmc would crash, and the guide was just blank as well.. I have a comcast cable card in the tuner and have an i7 3770k 3.5 ghz quad core with nvidia geforce 550 ti and asrock z77 extreme4 mb and Windows 8. Hoping someone out there can help me out, would be very much appreciated!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Have you checked out the wiki article on PVR (wiki)?

By the way, please don't cross-post (I merged your threads). Thanks.