Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new CIR receiver to fit Streacom cases - would you be interested in one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I have created a CIR infrared receiver for my Streacom FC5 Evo case. I am considering making more of these and selling them at little more than cost price. Currently the only CIR option is a board made by inteset. it will not screw in to the streacom cases nicely and it costs quite a lot (especially delivered to Europe). The streacom own remote is not fully compatible with IR keyboards, only remotes, so can cause some problems, it's not an ideal solution.

My version does not support CIR transmitting, Receiving only however it is compatible with the IR mounts on Streacom cases so it can be screwed in nicely. It is compaible with all CIR motherboard headers (the relevant cable would be sent out for the motherboard specified)

I am wondering if there would be interest in me doing this (bulk purchasing of the PCBs to keep cost down so it's important to see if there's a market) Cost would be around 12-15 Euros delivered worldwide.

Please do let me know what you think.
I might be interested in this for Realan cases.
(2013-02-05, 17:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]I might be interested in this for Realan cases.

Well, This could be possible. are the physical requirements for a receiver the same across all cases you're working with? I can't seem to find a lot of reliable data on Realan cases.

(2013-02-05, 18:58)Snood Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-05, 17:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]I might be interested in this for Realan cases.

Well, This could be possible. are the physical requirements for a receiver the same across all cases you're working with? I can't seem to find a lot of reliable data on Realan cases.

The cases with IR windows are custom designed for me by the manufacturer. I'll send you a PM.
(2013-02-05, 19:06)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-05, 18:58)Snood Wrote: [ -> ]

The cases with IR windows are custom designed for me by the manufacturer. I'll send you a PM.

That would explain it! I'll look out for your message.

I have a F1C evo case with streacom IR module, but I'm not quite happy with it (since the lack of functionality like keyboard,..).
Did you make some cir receivers already? Depending on the price, I might be interested :-).
Do you think it's compatible with an Asrock z77e-itx mobo?

thanks