Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SSH connection refused: Frodo XBMCBuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to log in to my newly installed Frodo XBMCBuntu box, but it's not playing ball.

I can ping its IP address from a Terminal on my Mac laptop and get a perfect response.

Historically - with everything from Eden to a Frodo beta Openelec - I've always typed in 'ssh [email protected]' and then it's prompted me for my user password. That's normal, right?

However, now it doesn't even do that. I simply get 'Connection closed by IP.ADDRESS.IN.HERE' and returned to the prompt.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there a simple reason why it would be doing this? It's got me dumbfounded; I'm used to screwing up the install itself, but I've never had it refuse to even allow me to ssh in before!

Hope someone has an idea...

Discy
Do an 'ssh -v user@ipaddress' and check if the debug output, may it sheds some light. What I usually get after a fresh install on an existing machine is that my ssh-client believes some spoofing goes on because the host key has changed and refuses to connect. Are you sure htat the Frodo-box closes the connection, and not your client?
Try doing:
ssh -l USERNAME IPADDRESS

It should just ask for your password
Hi. I had exactly this problem. The encryption keys were corrupt. Confused
Solution:
Code:
# rm /etc/ssh/ssh_host_*
# dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server
After telling me.
Bye!

PD: Sorry, my english is very poor...
Try deleting known hosts file on the machine you are typing the ssh command into. Works for me when I have this issue.

Code:
rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts
(2013-02-07, 01:44)juampic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I had exactly this problem. The encryption keys were corrupt. Confused
Solution:
Code:
# rm /etc/ssh/ssh_host_*
# dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server
After telling me.
Bye!

PD: Sorry, my english is very poor...

Thanks juampic, I've the same ssh problem with xbmcbuntu frodo and your trick fixes it. Good I searched and found this thread.
would anyone pls open a ticket in trac so that the issue won't get forgotten
(2013-02-20, 09:50)lcapriotti Wrote: [ -> ]would anyone pls open a ticket in trac so that the issue won't get forgotten

Done http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14126

uNi