Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL and video library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I'm having problem understand how to get the video library to point to my nas, example: /NAS/Video/HD Movies/Batman Dark Knight Rises. How do I get xbmc save all info about that movie in that specific folder? I'm gonna buy another ATV2 or 3 (when it get jailed) In my bedroom, and I want xbmc to check in the specific folder for scrapping instead och going on the internet all time to scrap it. And ofcourse for backup purposes. I'm keep reading http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ng_up_XBMC I don't get it Sad Can someone explain it more detailed.

Thanks!
When using mySQL the database that each client uses is one and the same. This means that the location of the media for each client also has to be the same. So for each client you specify a network location for your sources (like smb://NAS/Video/HD Movies/). Then one client can scrape the source and save all the meta data in the mySQL database. When other clients connect they have the same metadata through the mySQL database. using mySQL doesn't save information in the specific source folder. You can export the meta data from the library to the source folder if you want but the other clients, if using the mySQL database, won't read it. Despite all this, by default, artwork is stored locally on each client.

the mySQL setup doesn't provide backup. Its just a central location for the metadata that can be shared by multiple clients. You would have to have some other way of backing up your media and metadata
Ye thanks it clear it up abit. But how do I configure so it saves the meta data in the specific movie folder?

Quote:You can export the meta data from the library to the source folder if you want but the other clients, if using the mySQL database, won't read it. Despite all this, by default, artwork is stored locally on each client.
So you mean the other atv aint gonna read and catch the meta data from the source and instead go online and scrap them anyway?
Use the Export option with "multiple files":

Settings -> Videos -> Library -> Export library.

Then you just add the video source like you normally would for scanning, but XBMC will look at the local .nfo and art files instead of pulling them from the internet.
I just tried this at my work comp,
Am I doing it right if it looks like this?

Say I've all my movies stored under downloads:

C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\Django Unchained
C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\Batman Dark Knight Rises

And I just put my exported files in a new folder "fanart"
C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\fanart\xbmc_videodb_2013-02-06

folder Actors
folder Movies
folder Musicvideos
folder TV shows
Videodb

Will my all of my xbmc's check that place instead of pulling them from internet from now on?

You have exported to a single file rather than separate files. Your other XBMC boxes will not look at this single file to populate their databases.

If you export to separate files then the information is saved in each separate directory. In this case the other XBMC boxes will read the local information before pulling from the net IF they are looking at the same source.
Okay thanks is there any program that will so it for u. I've like 500-600 movies and set every single export to the right path = pain :p

Thank you.