Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV Instantly Crashes XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the latest version of XBMC from the downloads page on an unrooted Verizon Galaxy Nexus on jelly bean 4.1.1. Selecting a channel from the list will crash the app 9/10 times. sometimes it starts playing and then crashes after a few seconds. It does work occasionally. I know I need to post logs, but i can't find the folder they are saved in. Do i need to be rooted to see them in a file browser? I have Debugging turned on but can't find the path specified. I'm using NextPVR, which works perfectly on XBMC for windows.
Use the debug log add-on uploader mentioned on debug log (wiki).
Sorry it took so long to get back. I found that i could change the theme of the iOS version to use live TV, so i've just been using my ipod touch recently. I think this is the log with the crash:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2274

Thanks.
The verizon galaxy nexus 4.2.2 update leaked out the other day, and after messing around with ADB for a while, I got my phone updated. XBMC is much, much more stable. I've only tested it slightly, but it seems like I can watch one channel without crashes, but when i stop playback and select a different channel, it crashes quite often. This might be a problem with the PVR client though.
Hi,

I have the same problem as posted in #1. I have a samsung galaxy note 10.1, nextpvr backend and xbmc frontend. Same configuration on windows laptop where everything works. On tablet everything BUT live-tv works:
I get crashes and in the logs I see an error.

I couldnt see the logs either, used the addon for it:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64027

Help please,

Wim
No need to use a plugin fo rthe log file. Just go to file manager and create a new source using special://logger or special://temp. The rest is fairly simple, use the file manager to copy the log to a usb stick or memory card.