Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Force frequency for xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a 1920x1200@60Hz screen (in fact it's a PC monitor 28").
I want to force XBMC to use 1920x1200@50Hz (OK for my monitor). I know where I can change the resolution via the XBMC parameters but for the frequencies I don't know how I can do.
Perhaps in a xml file?

Can you help me please?
Thank you.

Regards.
Have a look at my wiki user page in wiki it has some WIP on this sort of thing. It is work in progress but you should get the idea.

uNi
Thank you for your answer uNiversal but I'm on Windows 7 and if I understand your Wiki is for Linux.
More explanations:
Before launching XBMC I'm at 1920x1200@50Hz. When I launch XBMC then the frequency is changed 50Hz ==> 60Hz. I want to keep the original frequency (50Hz in this case).

Do you have an idea?

Thank you.
That you have to set in LCD via its controls. there's no other way that I know of, perhaps a hammer and sledgehammer may do it. Strike the PC running windows against the sledgehammer and presto a nice frequency.
Na stick with LCD controls+Nvidia or video driver control panel.

uNi
Hello,
I find something in the official Wiki. I have to work on the "advancedsettings.xml" file.
For me I use this path : "C:\Logiciels\Video\XBMC - DSP\portable_data\userdata" because I I use XBMC DSP (Frodo) in portable mode.
NB : DSP = Direct Show Player.
I create the file "advancedsettings.xml" and I put this:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<Video>
<override>
<fps>23.976</fps> <!-- if the fps is between 23.966 and 23.986 -->
<refresh>59.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 59.99 and 60.01 -->
</override>
</Video>
</advancedsettings>
It's just to test. But no change. The 23,976 fps video don't play at 60 fps like I want to.

Somebody can help me?

Thank you.
In XBMC settings http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...s#Playback

Turn off - Adjust Display refresh rate to match Video
Disable - Sync playback to display

If not idk

uNi
If I understand, when the option "Adjust Display refresh rate to match Video" is "On" the "override" function in the "advancedsettings.xml" is not used? Am I right?
I'll test this evening.
Thank you.
Have a look at this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51953

I was looking for something else and found that, looks windows compatible

uNi
Hello,
I finally find the solution to have good screen resolution/refresh; like this :

1280x800@50Hz <== for 25fps videos
1280x800@60Hz <== for 30fps videos
1280x800@72Hz <== for 23,976fps videos

The problem was that the resolution/refresh create by the Nvidia GUI was not seen as standard (or possible) by Windows Seven.
I have to use a little freeware called : Custom Resolution Utility .
Now XBMC do good job without any "advancedsetting.xml" file.

I hope that this solution can help other guys.

Regards.
I was just about to write that XBMC will only show/allow refresh rates to be selected that are reported by the driver and supported by the display. So if your display f.e. doesn't support 1080p@50 you won't be able to use this refreshrate in XBMC. I've been told this when I asked about why I can't select 720p@24 on the rPI.