Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade to Frodo, keep Path Substituition now, switch later?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Windows PC and an ATV2, which I probably want to retire in a few months for another Windows PC. I also have a Windows Server with the MySQL DB and the Thumbnails folder placed on, that the clients use for the path substitution.

I want to upgrade to Frodo now to see if some of my issues with ATV2 may be eliminated.

Is it possible to upgrade now, not let Frodo update art on the first startup and then later on ditch the path substitution? If so, how can I make XBMC update the art later on and let it sync the Textures13.db itself?

Should I just drop the path substitution and use the new sync in Frodo, even though I have an ATV2? The Thumbnails folder on my server is around 650 MB and contains almost 10000 files. Too much for the ATV2?
Maybe I misunderstood the way Frodo works.

My ATV2 does all the library updates via an add-on every few hours and my Windows PC never updates.

If I keep Path substitution for the ATV2, it will just write the thumbnails to the Windows server path like it has always done. If I remove path substitution on the Windows PC, how exactly will it get the thumbnails, when they now are stored locally and it never runs any library updates? Does it all come from the MySQL DB? But how does it actually work?