Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicate Songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

running: OSX Mountain Lion, XBMC Frodo, aeon mq4 skin.

I'm still having some problems with my music collection. I have organized everything in iTunes with the album artists etc.. I wrote the ID3 tag v2.4 to the files. Everything looks fine there are only a lot of duplicates in some albums. I tryed to clean the library a couple of times but this didn't do anthing. I open the mymusic.db file to check but in there are no duplicates shown. I'm also not seeing my ratings that i have put in itunes.

Anybody an idea? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Rein
Nobody? I tryed removing the albums and download them again but the just come back like duplicates. Some albums have like 6 duplicates of one song.

itunes library 5600 songs
xbmc library 6100 songs
Pick a duplicate and look at the info of both entrys (context -> album information). It should show the path to the file somewhere - just try to figure out whats the difference betwenn those 2 (e.x. different path - one with smb - another with afp or something like that).
Thanks for your reply, i was just checking the path's in the database. There were artists where i changed small letters to capital letters so xbmc saw it as differents. I fixed them by temporary changing the artist name completely followed by cleaning the library from xbmc, after that i corrected the names again and updated the library now everything is good!