Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraper going to TMDb instead of IMDb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of films that do not appear on themoviedb.org. Since that is my default scraper I created a NFO file with the URl of the film on imdb.com where it does appear. The film is "Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean".

In the debug log I can see that XBMC notices the NFO file and tries to use it, but it looks like is not using the full URL but only the id and with it goes off to themoviedb.org, which of course means that it "didn't get any data from stream".

The NFO file is as follows

<movie>
<title>Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean (TV 1990)</title>
<origtitle>Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean (TV 1990)</origtitle>
<sorttitle>Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100004/

and you can find the log here

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1621857/
If you want it to query IMDB, you will need to install and switch to the Universal Scraper temporarily while scanning those films. Universal Scaper will use IMDB as default and should find it based on your NFO.
I didn't use to do that and it is a bit of an annoyance, don't you think? I can do that and I will give it a try and report back.

But then, why then do I have to do it? Why is XBMC clever enough to see that that is an IMDB URl and use the correct scraper (if installed)?
http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?conditions

Quite obvious why XBMC do not use a IMDB scraper as standard, don´t you think?
Don´t know regarding the nfo though, maybe you should be able to force XBMC to use IMDB...
Maybe so miappa, but then one could argue why having the scraper at all then. If it because it's left to the user to enable it, then so if the NFO file. I have explicitly put an IMDb URL in the NFO file, so if XBMC allows me to use the universal scraper to get information from IMDb, why not using the URL correctly?
Yes, but then you might need a scraper that CAN use IMDB, so perhaps using Universal will help you.
That said, standard scraper does not use IMDB and I believe the reason is in the link above.
So you probably need a scraper that can use IMDB.
To add to what Zernable said above, you can just switch the scraper for that one movie to Universal Scraper (using IMDB), but leave TMDB as the scraper for everything else. Just go to Videos > Files and locate the folder for Leona. Open the context menu for that movie's folder and select "Change content". On the "Set content" page, select "Universal Scraper" (assuming you already have this installed). Since this change is only for this movie, there's no need to change it back after adding this movie to your library (indeed, you should leave it as Universal Scraper for this movie since TMDB doesn't have a listing for it).

Also, you have an error in your nfo file (although this wasn't the reason for the failure to scrap). The <origtitle> tag is actually spelled <originaltitle>.

I just tested this using your folder/file names and your nfo file (with the tag correction) and the movie was successfully added to my library after I had changed the scraper for just this movie to Universal Scraper (using IMDB).
And you could add the details to TMDB so that others don't have the same issue in future...
(2013-02-08, 08:40)rocketpants Wrote: [ -> ]And you could add the details to TMDB so that others don't have the same issue in future...
+1 to that.

It constantly amazes me that people complain or feel aggrieved or feel cheated because a public wiki like TMDB doesn't have their favourite obscure film on it!

PS a colon in the filename will screw things up, change it to something else and it will improve things!
Oh, puleeezzzz don't add the Queen of Mean to TMDB. Smile j/k

(Yes, please do add missing data whenever possible)