Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Building HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm building a HTPC but it is taking a while as I can only afford to buy the parts every now and then.
I'm going to include a Hauppauge HVR-2210 pcie tv tuner card as i'm told this is the best tv tuner out there.
Questions
1. is the Hauppauge HVR-2210 really that good
2. Can it be integrated into my HTPC and used through the XBMC interface.

By that i mean the menu to watch moves, watch tv, record tv will all be there in the XBMC menu interface none of that switching around for different component inputs which i currently have to do on my tv. You know to switch between watching TV to watching recorded tv of the usb pvr, or play my xbox etc.

Any help appreciated as i'm brand new to this

Erick
Xbmc does not record tv. You need to use a backend like mythtv or tvheadend. The backend can be on the same pc.
Thanks for that. Can XBMC be expanded or modified to perform these functions ie extended properties which would call the backend API of the tv tuner software ?
I assume that once a tv recoding in Mpeg is made that XMBC can make it available through it's own interface Huh?
yes perhaps you should do a bit of reading. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR

The xbmc pvr addon is a front end to various tv recording backends. mythtv and tvheadend are but examples.