Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connect XBMC to ZumoCast?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have ZumoCast, which is a service for Android & iPhone that lets you access your computer's files on your phone/zumocast.com anywhere you have internet. Would it be possible to connect XBMC to Zumocast so I can stream videos from my computer (mostly via local wifi) to my home theater?
You don't need some fancy thing called zumocast to send video from your computer to your home theatre.

The xbmc machine connected to your TV needs to set up a video source that accesses the files on your computer.
Even if it's not hooked up to whatever I'm using as an HTPC? How can I connect XBMC to the database of movies on my main PC over local WiFi?
I spent hours trying to find a solution and all I found was some complicated tutorials about freeNAS, which won't work for me because my main database of movies is on a Windows PC.
What you mean database? You mean access files from XBMC that are on a networked PC? Ever heard of SMB (wiki) or uPnP (wiki)

uNi