Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help the newbie out- HDMI w/ Intel Sound card - No Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well like I said, I am a newbie. I installed Frodo last week. Got movies and a couple of other add-on done. I went to watch a movie with my new found software and try to impress the wifey of how cool it is, and then BAMMM. No sound when I was trying to watch it on my tv via HDMI. Did a research and I cant figure out what is going on. I have a Intel Sound card. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Chad
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You may want to EDIT > Full edit your post and change your thread title to something more descriptive of your problem. This will attract more readers of the right kind to your thread.
For sound problems start with the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
(2013-02-08, 10:07)dodgeit4 Wrote: [ -> ]No sound when I was trying to watch it on my tv via HDMI. Did a research and I cant figure out what is going on. I have a Intel Sound card. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Chad
You have to configure audio output in Frodo similar to my screen shot below, and you can find more tips here- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Audio passthrough it shows "error- no devices found".....what does that mean? Can someone help me out with this.
Check that you have the correct drivers installed for your Intel CPU/GPU/Chipset etc. here
Yep checked that already. Everything works outside of XBMC, just no audio when hooking laptop->HDMI->LEDTV
(2013-02-09, 01:55)dodgeit4 Wrote: [ -> ]just no audio when hooking laptop->HDMI->LEDTV
If you haven't done this, you will to do it to get sound to your LEDTV. You need to go in to the sound options on the laptop Windows control panel, and then set your sound default as HDMI. Just remember to set the default back to the laptops speakers when you are finished using it on your LEDTV speakers.

If the sound does not work properly, right click on HDMI and then select "Properties". It should open up the properties. Then go to the 3rd tab and make sure that the sound icon doesn't have a little "block" sign on it.....

It just when I am using XBMC I have no sound, everything else works just fine
Did you check the sticky link I posted? Gives details of what you need to check.

Basic setup which should get audio in 99% of cases is:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: Directsound - HDMI