Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto Stop Media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I currently use a Raspberry Pi (but the problem is platform independent) to watch TV and my movies. All is fine with the CEC settings, however, I'm trying to find an option in XBMC that will auto stop playing any media when the TV/Monitor is turned off, much like happens in MediaPortal. At the moment when I turn my TV off, the stream keeps playing. This wouldn't be an issue except it will lock one of my tuners so that it's unavailable for other users even though it's not being actively watched.

Is there a plugin/option to stop the stream automatically when the display is disconnected?

Huxy
Well I had a look at the source code and whilst not perfect I was able to alter the code slightly to stop any media playing when the TV enters standby. It compiles and works on my Pi, so I guess thats a decent enough solution when using the CEC peripheral.
Are you going to submit your patch to the developers? This is an open source project, it would be nice to give back Smile