Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: sound on 1 tv, but not on another.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I installed XBMCbuntu Intel/Nv Frodo final to my ION box and found it to be working perfectly
(apart from a small problem with sound caused by SSD loading GUI before sound drivers, fixed by reading the forums)
So i got it set up perfect on my old TV Samsung UE32B7000 but when I move the box to the living room and connect to my Samsung UE39EH5003 there is no sound over HDMI
this is frustrating as I don't see how the box can deliver audio over the hdmi cable for one device, and not for another. it's not the TV as I use digital box that delivers audio over HDMI
I thought it might be bound to the hardware during install process so i attempted a complete re-install while connected to the UE39EH5003, no joy.

As always I would appreciate any friendly help/experience anyone can provide.

Many Thanks,

SD
ok, I solved this, the Samsung UE39EH5003 acts funny when connecting to a HDMI channel. it expects the audio to be present from the beginning, so if you boot the HTPC while the HDMI input is selected, it will receive the video input, but is not smart enough to receive the audio input when it becomes available a short time later.

The solution: Press the input button in the remote and re-select your source HDMI port once XBMC has booted.