Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folders being read as movies? Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Current movie directory is set this way:
\Movies
--Animated (folder)
---- folder.jpg
-----Disney movie #1.mkv
-----Disney movie #2.mkv
--John Wayne (folder)
-----folder.jpg
-----Big Jake.mkv
-----more .mkv's ...
--300.mkv
--2001.mkv

The majority of the movies are under \Movies BUT I do have specific folders for certain types (Animated, John Wayne, etc....)

All of this worked perfectly under Eden, the folders would show up first, if I clicked on one of them it would take me to the thumbs of the contained movies in that specific folder. Now enter Frodo, it re-scans the \Movies (recursive ON) and picks some (not all) of the folders and thinks they are actually movies assigning one of the movies within the folder to the folder itself. Using confluence skin (what happened to SHADE?). Really stuck here, can anyone point me to where/how I can get this fixed before the wife gets upset? Huh
nobody ?
What are your scraper settings? Do you have the option that 'movies are in separate folders that match the title' set?

P.S. please allow 24 hours before bumping a post per our recent forum rules.
Here are my Scraper settings:
Current scraper themoviedb.org
Run automated YES
Movies in separate folders NO
Scan Recursively YES
Selected folder contains single video GREYED OUT / NOT SELECTED
Exclude pat from library updates NO
Keep Original title YES
Enable fanart YES
Enable Trailer YES
Preferred Trailer 720
Language EN
Country US
Get Rating from TMDB

Ok, so waited 3 days..... still having the issue. Some folders have been identified as movies some with foreign language as their title. There is no way to go back in under movie information and force a clean up. Really stuck, again this was not the case until I upgraded to Frodo, which is starting to look like a big mistake on my part. Sure could use some help.

Thanks
One thing, one of these Folders is probably part of your source and does not contain any movies.
  • Your source which has movie content set, includes such a folder and it cannot do as you noticed because it gets scraped as whatever you notice now.
  • It is also likely you have named something which yields this result, when name in TMDB is not what you have or are looking for.. For e.g. adding something in filename which is purely for your id and is not standard name of said file/movie/music track etc.

Fix:
Ensure your sources which have content set do not have random content. Could be apps/text files/other files or filenames are standard.

1) You can pull up info on such file while in library and see on the right hand pane the source path, make note of it/take screenshot.

2) In File mode navigate to this source/path either remove or move to non movies source location or bring up context on said rogue content and select content >None in any case once done clean library and update.

3) In case its filenaming issue - see what correct name is TMDB and ensure your name matches.

Rinse/repeat as necessary.

Note:Essentially in any path you set content for movies can only contain movies, for music can only contain music especially if they may be interpreted as such by scrapers and they not, giving you these results of rogue movies which you dont have.
Wrong filenames can also do this in such case ensure your filenames comply with Video_library/Naming_files/Movies (wiki) and Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows (wiki)

uNi
The response is very difficult for me to follow. All sub folders in the "Movies" folder contain multiple movies. Each and every subfolder is this way without exception. Again, this worked perfectly in EDEN why does Frodo bomb when EDEN worked?

...Your source which has movie content set, includes such a folder and it cannot do as you noticed because it gets scraped as whatever you notice now.... Are we saying that Frodo no longer allows subfolders with movies off of the root?

...Ensure your sources which have content set do not have random content. Could be apps/text files/other files or filenames are standard...
Do not understand the last sentence, what is meant by "standard"?

...1) You can pull up info on such file while in library and see on the right hand pane the source path, make note of it/take screenshot....
We are talking about a folder (directory) not a file, are we able in library mode to bring up info and modify it? Have not found it so far...

Maybe a more simple question: I have one folder named "Jame Bond" and in it are 10 movies. James Bond is in a directory within the "source" that is identified as containing videos (movies). How do I ensure when viewing the icons for movies that the itemed called James Bond actually says "James Bond" and when clicked on brings up the icons of all James Bond movies within that folder?
Dont drill into every little word.twisting it beyond anything useful.

Do this: set debug log (wiki) and go about the following.

Navigate in library mode to location one of these files and bring information on this movie whatever. We are looking for a path like smb:/ip//Share/Werid moviename. <<this path is important. it tells you where to look.

I also tells you what type of error it is. (if wrong file name e.g. non standard or rogue content.

Get that screenshot, and post it here.Video_library/Naming_files/Movies (wiki) That link tells you whats standard.

Get the path and navigate there and see, is this a rogue folder or is the name wrong? again screenshot and post it here.

Then we take it from there. pastebin the log and both screenshots.

uNi