Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start xbmc on a media source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm converting my 7' laptop to a divx player for my children.
I installed geexbox v3.
I installe the theme xeebo.
I customized it to remove left/right shortcut to prevent to go into menus without the mouse.

There is something i don't manage to do :
i put all divx on 2 sd cards (the computer has 2 sdcard drives). I created a source media based on these 2 directories.
now i would like that xbmc starts in this directory. I modified Home.xml to <onload>ReplaceWindow(134)</onload>
this replace to the favorite to load then the video source. It would better to directly load videos.

by using replacewindows on video, i can set only a uniq path /mn/toto or a section of videos menus
i opened xbmc sources, and it seems that's it's not possible to do that while xbmc check for videodb://, sources, and then switch to the patch only. Can somebody confirm that ?

As path : <onload>ReplaceWindow(Videos,/tmp/a)</onload> works (only for 1 directory).
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles) is almost great but the sd card films will change regularly and internet is not available everywhere, so load files into the db is not possible

<onload>ActivateWindow(25,sources://video)</onload> is almost good.
<onload>ActivateWindow(25,sources://video/xxx)</onload> where xxx is defined in sources.xml doesn't work.

however, in the documentation of activate windows, it's written that ActivateWindow can get a source defined in sources.xml

GUIWindowVideoNav.cpp:
else if (m_vecItems->GetPath().Equals("sources://video/"))
i think that the Equals limits the sources to be only sources://video/ and nothing after the ending /