Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keeps Asking For A Pass Word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to install XBMC buntu and I am using an empty hard drive which I think I will have to format in Windows as the install disc is not seeing the unallocated space.
Anyways when I exit XBMC and go into buntu (ubuntu ?) it asks for a pass word.
There is no pass word in the BIOS, what pass word does it want ? I tried using the pass word here I use for the forum and that doesn't work.
Any help on this, must be missing something in the fine print some where Huh
On the live cd, username xbmc password blank, ie don't type anything, just press <enter>.
Thanks, I did try that, but there is something else going on with this particular sytem that's keeping a regular install of UBUNTU installing on the hard drive. It's an HP Phoenix that has UEFI and I don't know much about that or even if that is the problem.
I tried deleting the drive again and formatting it in Windows, but when it gets to the screen where it allows what partition to install ubuntu on, all the options are "greyed" out and clicking freezes the install process _ I have to do a forced shut down.
It's not that important that I install xbmxbuntu on this desk top, if someone wants to trouble shoot this, I'll post some screen shots _ a whole bunch errors came up from the BIOS prior to the install, and the system ran from the DVD, but wouldn't install.
if your booting the xbmcbuntu iso - i think there is an option to install rather than run the live version?

but if you just want to wipe it out... download an iso of gparted and boot that...