Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo: Manually sync Textures13.db and MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two 24/7 XBMC boxes running with a centralized MySQL server and a thumbnail cache on a NAS. Both machines are low power enough that getting sleep (and wake) working wasn't worth the effort.

Prior to Frodo, I used path substitution to make the thumbnails work. It worked great. I did notice a little slowdown on my ATV2, but not too much.

Now I'm testing out the Frodo method of syncing thumbnail cache. From what I've read, the magic happens on boot. Textures13.db is synced against the MySQL server when XBMC starts.

My questions:
1. If I have two XBMC machines running 24/7, will the Frodo thumbnail sync work, or does it require occasional reboots?
2. If it does require reboots, is there a json-rpc call or something similar to manually kick off the sync?

Thanks!
+1 here.
Anyone ? A search took me to this thread.
I have syncing working fine between Windows (master where DB updates happen) and two ATV2 (read-only client), but it's annoying to have to restart XBMC on the ATV2 to have new thumbnails appear.
Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this? How to update thumbnails on a 24/7 AppleTV2 client without rebooting?
(2013-02-09, 08:10)iRobie Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've read, the magic happens on boot. Textures13.db is synced against the MySQL server when XBMC starts.

Not at all. Textures13.db is populated by the act of scraping, or - when using MySQL - the non-scraper clients will update their Textures13.db as the user browses the media library, ie. artwork will be cached slowly one item at a time as it is viewed.

(2013-02-09, 08:10)iRobie Wrote: [ -> ]My questions:
1. If I have two XBMC machines running 24/7, will the Frodo thumbnail sync work, or does it require occasional reboots?
2. If it does require reboots, is there a json-rpc call or something similar to manually kick off the sync?

Thanks!

There is no automatic syncing, with or without reboots.

You populate your local texture cache (Textures13.db) by browsing the UI. Or running a script like Texture Cache Maintenance, use the "c" option to cache all artwork that is yet to be cached. Run it as often as you like. Use the lc option to cache artwork relative to a specific date/time (ie. incremental caching).