Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: remote.xml: Customize remote behavior of add-ons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

how do I customize the remote key behavior of add-ons in the remote.xml?

For the integrated windows I found the window names here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml
But how do I determine the window names of add-ons?
In this case I'd like to edit the behavior of the back and home button in spotimc:
Code:
<AddOnWindowName>
    <remote>
      <back>PreviousMenu</back>
      <menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</menu>
    </remote>
</AddOnWindowName>

Global settings don't influence the behavior in lots of windows.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Marc
Anyone an idea?
You won't be able to assign keymappings to a specific add-on. Instead, you would assign them to a specific window type, such as MyMusicFiles, MyMusicLibrary, MyMusicPlaylist, MusicOSD, Visualization, MusicInformation, etc. (assuming you are talking about a music add-on). This mapping applies across the board for everything that is using that particular window. See your installation keyboard.xml (wiki) file for the default mappings of the various windows; any overrides you desire should be placed in a custom keyboard.xml file placed in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory.

Global settings in a particular XML file apply for everything that is not defined or overridden elsewhere, such as those for a specific window or by another XML file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory.

By the way, it is considered bad form to bump your own thread in less than 24 hours. Please see Forum_rules (wiki).
Thanks a lot!

Unfortunatelly spotimc does not seem to use the standard music windows. The bigger bummer is that you can't reload the spotimc page (via addons page) unless you exited spotimc before (Edited the visualisations page, so that I can go "home"). I'll contact the addon dev on that.

Is there some kind of "!important" tag like in CSS to determine some commands globally even if they are redefined? (I want the home button always to take me home )

Last but not leaste, note taken Wink