Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enormous log files, picture freeze and audio stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since doing a clean install of XBMCBuntu Frodo I have had issues with my Acer Revo R3700 that I didn't experience on Dharma. Basically, the log file grows HUGE, it's currently at 30gb and continually grows when playing video. I have a feeling it's to to with a regular 1 second freeze and audio stutter that occurs on average every 10 or 15 minutes. Obviously a 30gb log file is too big to post, so I'd like advice on how I can even get a reasonably sized file that I can even open so I can ask for help on the stuttering issues.

Any help here would be really gratefully received as it's a bit annoying!
a.) Disable TrueHD and disable DTS-HD also disable AAC - better?
b.) Remove every asound.conf .asoundrc you have laying around somewhere.
Thanks for that fritsch, I shall give it a go. Does that mean that I'm going to lose TrueHD and DTS-HD through my home cinema amp? That's a bummer.
Managed to load up that 30gb log file and it's THOUSANDS of lines saying the same thing:
21:31:08 T:2940705600 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
21:31:08 T:2940705600 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(2)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I've searched on it but come up with very little. BTW DTS-HD, TrueHD and AAC were already disabled. What I have now tried is disabling 'sync to display' and am now running DTS-HD without any glitches and the log file is staying small. Can anyone tell me what the point of sync to display is, I guess it's that that is causing my machine to choke?