Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMD E-350 Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

All of my 1080p videos decided to become choppy and drop frames a few days ago. I finished one video without a problem and the next video failed to play properly. As well as every 1080p video after that. Changing settings, updating whatever I could, even wiping the system and reinstalling XBMCbuntu failed to work. I wondered if something was wrong with my router, switch or the network drive, but it obviously isn't when since playing a movie from the local SSD causes the same problem. Less than a week ago everything ran perfectly, 1080p with DTS or DD surround in Frodo. I'm stumped and my lack of linux knowledge is frustrating to say the least.

The box uses an AMD E-350 Fusion running XBMC 12.0 Git:fb595f2 on Unbuntu 12.10. In the past I was using Aeon Nox, but the problem persists with a clean install running Confluence.

Thank you in advance.

Debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34266
I don't know if this error is the source of your trouble, but it's not good anyway :

Code:
Unable to load libcrystalhd.so.3, reason: libcrystalhd.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try a :
Code:
sudo updatedb
locate libcrytalhd.so

If you find something like libcrytalhd.so.x somewhere try a

Code:
ln -s /path/to/libcrystalhd.so.x /path/to/libcrystalhd.so.3
Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately I get some variation of "command not found" for both updatedb and locate. I assume because XBMCbuntu is a stripped down install.
hum, could you have a look for libcrytalhd.so.x in these directories :

/lib
/lib64
/usr/lib
/usr/lib64

a

ls -l | grep libcrytalhd

in these directories could help you
you don't need crystalhd, ignore that.

Instead you need a Xvba enabled version, see here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...FDebian.3F
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=116996
Kitof – i was unable to locate, libcrystalhd so had to find and install it. It didn't fix the problem, but gave me a little more familiarity with the system. Thanks.

wsnipex – The Xvba version worked pefectly. Thank you.

Is there any reason why it stopped working suddenly on the previous install?
because somehow you switched to the mainline ppa(that does not have xvba support)
@wsnipex

IS it possible to remove that error from XBMCbuntu related to libcrystalHD if ppl dont have CrystalHD obviously, as to stop users assuming its somehow related to all the problems they experience with XBMCbuntu?

Across a few threads and different users all chasing this red herring some for audio issues others for video others because their car doesnt start hehe.

uNi

not easily as crystalHD support is needed for those broadcom cards, but there is no GUI setting to disable it.
It just like having VDPAU enabled on intel or AMD, it logs an error, but does not harm.
I understand, its just trying to provide support when ppl get it in their heads its related when its not is anti-productive. Its annoyance really.

Just thought there could be some check in code if card not detected then log nothing or similar but since I cant code I'll shut up Wink

Thanks for listening anyway. You are fanstastic.

uNi