Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 - Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone.

I have a ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 with the following specs:

Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz Dual-Core
NVIDIA Next-Generation ION w/ 512MB DDR3 memory
Onboard analog stereo high-definition audio/ 7.1-Channel LPCM digital audio (HDMI)/ Optical Digital S/PDIF audio output

I had this thing working fine with XBMC version 11. I reformatted my SSD to do a clean install of XBMC version 12 (Frodo). I'm having difficulties with video playback (stutters from time to time) and no audio whatsoever via my HDMI. Audio output device states error - no devices found. In order to get HDMI audio working on version 11 I had to type in a custom audio device 'plughw:1,3'. It doesn't appear that Frodo will allow me to type in a custom audio device.

I've been messing with this all day and can't figure out how to get audio and the video to clear up. ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated. I would like to use Frodo on this system if at all possible.

Thanks for your time!
known issue with SSDs: Xbmc is starting too fast, before the audio devices are up. This should be fixed as of yesterday along with other longstanding audio issues. To try it, add the team xbmc nightly ppa(see my sig) and upgrade xbmc
My zotac I had to mess with the audio devices and try each one to find the best working one. I do also get audio drop outs (but no video skips) but they are fairly infrequent (maybe 1 short skip per hour).

As WSNIPEX said the no audio device bug has to do with using an SSD, good to know it has been fixed but if you don't want to use a nightly, the documented work-around works: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...io_devices
(2013-02-10, 10:55)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]known issue with SSDs: Xbmc is starting too fast, before the audio devices are up. This should be fixed as of yesterday along with other longstanding audio issues. To try it, add the team xbmc nightly ppa(see my sig) and upgrade xbmc

wsnipex - thanks for the suggestions. I added the team xbmc nightly ppa. What do you mean by upgrade xbmc and how do I do this? Thank you!
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

should update to the latest package available. If that doesn't seem to work post the oputput of

apt-cache policy xbmc
(2013-02-13, 21:56)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

should update to the latest package available. If that doesn't seem to work post the oputput of

apt-cache policy xbmc

Well, it didn't work. Sad

Here is the output of apt-cache policy xbmc:

Installed: 2:12.0~git20130125.1315-frodo-0quantal
Candidate: 2:13.0~git20130213.0201-8a34571-0quantal
Version table:
2:13.0~git20130213.0201-8a34571-0quantal 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly/ubuntu/ quantal/main
i386 Packages
***2:12.0~git20130128.1315-frodo-0quantal 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ quantal/main i386 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2:11.0~git20120510.82388d5-1ubuntu2 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/universe i386 Packages

Thanks for any continued support/direction.

(2013-02-10, 17:34)dandirk Wrote: [ -> ]My zotac I had to mess with the audio devices and try each one to find the best working one. I do also get audio drop outs (but no video skips) but they are fairly infrequent (maybe 1 short skip per hour).

As WSNIPEX said the no audio device bug has to do with using an SSD, good to know it has been fixed but if you don't want to use a nightly, the documented work-around works: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...io_devices

Dandirk - thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how to 'edit' the file once it is brought up via the work-around you provided the link for..?? I'm a complete novice when it comes to using this language...
Quote:well it dodn't work

What was the output of sudo apt-get install xbmc?
Installed: 2:12.0~git20130125.1315-frodo-0quantal

it clearly says you still have frodo stable installed.

do:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
(2013-02-14, 11:52)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Installed: 2:12.0~git20130125.1315-frodo-0quantal

it clearly says you still have frodo stable installed.

do:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Ok. I did that and it is giving me the following errors:

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc_2%3a13.0~git20130214.0200-e6e389d-0quantal_all.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-bin_2%3a13.0~git20130214.0200-e6e389d-0quantal_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
try

Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

if that fails do
Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc.bin
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc.bin

uNi
(2013-02-14, 20:54)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]try

Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

if that fails do
Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc.bin
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc.bin

uNi

Thanks for the suggestion.. The first part gave me the errors again that I listed in my previous post.

I did the 2nd suggestion and now I can't get xbmc to run again. It appears that I'm going to have to do a fresh install. I hate to go back to using a regular hard drive instead of the ssd but I'm guessing that would sole my problems.

Any other suggestions?
try

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbmc xbmc.bin

When you removed xbmc and reinstalled, did that give any errors?

Try also to reanme guisettings.xml in your userdata (wiki) folder and pastebin a debug log (wiki), would like to see whats going on as removing the v12 to install v13 alhpa shouldnt cause xbmc not to be able to start.

uNi
give us the full output of those commands.
Ok. Stupid question, but how do I cut and paste the commands from my xbmc buntu area where I'm typing in the various commands (codes)?
In ssh when you select/highlight a whole line/block of text that usually is copied into clipboard automaticaly and you just paste into [code] tags or if its massive into a pastebin by doing ctrl+v, if not select what you wanna copy and right click and select copy or do ctrl+c in terminal and ctrl+v on here or pastebin.

uNi
Pages: 1 2