Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No dvd menu play in frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i installed frodo final. All works well except for dvd files (VIDEO_TS folders) which previously (v10.x) played the dvd menu perfectly, now when i start the movie from the files menu ( press play on the subfolder) the screen goes black, and by skipping or fast forwarding i eventually get to the actual movie. The dvd menu is not played or not visible (sometimes i hear the dvd menu music from that movie).

What can be done?
I'm having exactly the same problem. Last week I updated my ASRock Ion to XBMCbuntu Frodo (from Dharma). DVD playback of .ifo and .iso files, including menu navigation etc, was perfect under Dharma but now I'm having this issue with many of my DVD images and folders. Converting DVD folders (ie. with the proper VIDEO_TS structure) into iso files doesn't make a difference to this issue.

The 'skip to main menu' option under XBMC's DVD playback does affect this issue. If this option is enabled, then I get no video at all. The 'playing' icon appears on screen with the time counter, but no video appears. If I disable the 'skip to main menu' option, then I get the intro copyright warnings and studio intro, but when it gets to where the menu would appear, I just get a black screen. However, I think the menu is still working in the background because if I press play then it seems to play whatever would have been highlighted in the menu (if it was visible).

I've played with most of the video output/playback and DVD playback settings with no effect. I also disabled DD/DTS passthrough with no effect (I found a post suggesting this).

It's a bit disappointing that DVD playback has gone backwards since Dharma. DVD playback under Dharma (for me) was absolutely perfect. I love the 'skip to main menu' setting - I'd really hate to live without this function. If I can't resolve this soon I'll have to downgrade back to Dharma or Eden. I'll try and generate a log to post if I get a chance this week.

My system is an ASRock ION3D-HT box with a fresh install of XBMCbuntu 12.00. Using default skin. The only addons of note are Youtube and a 2nd weather plugin.

Grateful for any tips/suggestions. Marcelv: try changing the 'skip to main menu' option to see if it improves your issue.

Edit: I actually upgraded from Dharma, not Eden.
I was going to add a bug report but found an existing one so I added my comments to it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14018
Update: I downgraded to XBMC 11.00 and the DVD menus are working fine (from exactly the same files). No changes made to hardware - only difference was XMBC version. Something wrong with the DVD player in 12.00.
Same problem over here.

No DVD menus displayed, sometimes I can see the menu's cursor and get through by just pressing OK until it starts playing.
I have same issue, do you know if xbmc developers are made avare of this issue?
Has anybody tried contacting them on irc channel?

I just joined #xbmc channel and talked about this issue, hopefully devs pick this up... please join also the irc channel and talk about this issue.

Cheers,
Valent.
I switches to openelec, v3 final works great! Is also xbmc v12.1 and very lightweight, and has all things i need ( samba airplay, all add-ons etc
(2013-04-01, 13:25)Marcelv Wrote: [ -> ]I switches to openelec, v3 final works great! Is also xbmc v12.1 and very lightweight, and has all things i need ( samba airplay, all add-ons etc

So this issue is fixed just not all XBMC versions are updated to latest version? Is this just the case? So I just need to wait for an update?
(2013-04-02, 09:30)valent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-01, 13:25)Marcelv Wrote: [ -> ]I switches to openelec, v3 final works great! Is also xbmc v12.1 and very lightweight, and has all things i need ( samba airplay, all add-ons etc

So this issue is fixed just not all XBMC versions are updated to latest version? Is this just the case? So I just need to wait for an update?

I'm running OpenELEC 3.0 (Frodo 12.1) but still have this issue so I don't think it's been fixed yet.
I have the same problem with openelec 3.0 / 12.1 The problem is in frodo i guess and not the distribution. This problem is very annoying, because i can't choose options in dvd-menu's.the only thing that works is 'enter' and play the first movie/ video from a dvd.

Is there no solution in a mod?
Almost sounds like the issue I am having, I posted a debug log of my issue located here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162540 so hopefully something could be done as a debug log is a lot more helpful to developers than forum posts. If you want to help them out by posting more logs then follow the debug log submission guide located here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy like I did.
Updated to OpenELEC 3.0.1 (Frodo 12.2), bug not fixed yet.
Running Frodo 12.2, and plain DVD playback is also broken. Can't skip directly to the menu, and once the pre-movie ads are done playing it hangs until I hit 'enter'. Then the menu loads, but it's completely scrambled - blocks of color, clippy audio. If I blindly hit 'enter' on that screen, the movie starts and plays fine.
(2013-06-04, 05:28)UberPinguin Wrote: [ -> ]Running Frodo 12.2, and plain DVD playback is also broken. Can't skip directly to the menu, and once the pre-movie ads are done playing it hangs until I hit 'enter'. Then the menu loads, but it's completely scrambled - blocks of color, clippy audio. If I blindly hit 'enter' on that screen, the movie starts and plays fine.

Hmm, maybe I won't upgrade to Windows v12.x after all.

On v10.x, VIDEO_TS folders played fine. Some bug seemed to have crept in v11.0.

Since I only use Library for TV-Shows, my VIDEO_TS folders are not in Library. I have a "Source" called DVD-Library to brings several folders on different drives together into one alpha-numerical list. That part works fine. Without Stack or Flatten turned on (because that does strange things to list order) I want to play the DVDs and have the Root-DVD-Menu come up if it has one. It was working pretty good but I had to go inside named folder and press Play while VIDEO_TS folder was showing. Fine, I can live with that. Then, it started to play DVDs from the middle on it own. I had to turn on Stack for it to even Play the DVDs properly (but now the list is screwy now).

I don't get it. If No Library, No Stack, No Flatten ... then just play a DVD Folders. Seems like that should work.... it used to.
Pages: 1 2