Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I may be a slow - can't get any images in the background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must be slow. I have a folder that has my movies in it. It has a seperate folder for each movie. I used thumbgen to create all the metadata files and stuff. So each folder has the movie file, various images, a thumbgen file.

I thought I have the transparency skin set up to show fanart or posters in the background, but it does not work. I have tried with confluence as well.

My question: does the background art have to be in a separate folder?
This is really not a 'Transparency' issue or skin (as you have tried confluence) and noting the number of your posts, I'll assume you are a new user as I once was at one time. You more or less have the right set-up, you don't need to have your graphics in 'special folders or sub folders'.

For the movie covers to show up, they should be named (XBMC Frodo is presumed; check the version in settins>system info)

'poster.jpg' in each folder, (alternatively movie_name-poster.jpg will work as well)

For the movie background to show. they should be named

'fanart.jpg' without the quotes.

You don't need to used thumbgen, for the most part XBMC will take care of that. Scraping the files into our library is were most users run into issues. It's important to understand that XBMC keeps it's own image library internally using hash numbering for faster access. The folder images if in proper nomenclature are internalized on a XBMC scan/scrape. The quick start wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide and this guide should have your attention. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ing_videos

Failing that... there is a lot of Youtube videos that should help. Feel free to ask more questions if you still have difficulty.

* NOTE: The naming convention between XBMC Frodo and XBMC Eden is different.
thanks for the replies. I am reading through the wiki and will get back to you if I have other questions.