Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
affini:

if you could give me the full output of the backslash error that would help. as i said, you are the only one who has reported this problem, and i can't duplicate it, so without the full output i'm kinda stuck.

as far as the textures.xpr file goes, i get a permission denied error using either smb or ftp about 1 out of 10 times i try. i'm pretty certain python scripts run in a seperate thread, and as such it is conceivable that they will both try to access the same file at the same time, and in that situation, you can't open a file for writing that is already open in another thread. (presumably the xbmc ftp server has some method to handle this)
it is fairly probable that using the progress dialog is what is causing xbmc to have the file open and i don't want to lose the dialog.
i think my best option is to maybe try to close the dialog during problem files, or make the script wait till the file is not in use. as it only happens intermittently, i imagine that the amount of time where the file is in use is small and the latter option could work fine.

if you know something i don't know about files and threads in xbmc that i don't know, let me know Smile i am by no means an expert on this subject.

ruuk
maybe i spoke too soon... it did work when i last posted but now, without any system changes, it gets a fatal error...

Quote:06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnetload.py", line 351, in oncontrol
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info self.control_response(control)
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnetload.py", line 396, in control_response
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info import xbmcupdate
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 142, in ?
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info main()
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 127, in main
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info not_copied = x.get_xbmc()
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 46, in get_xbmc
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info dirs, files, self.size = self.browser.get_tree()
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 190, in get_tree
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info dirs , files = self.get_dir_list(path=full_path + '/' + x)
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 216, in get_dir_list
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info for f in self.remote.list_path(self.share,path + '/*', password = self.password):
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\smb.py", line 822, in list_path
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info raise sessionerror, ( 'list path failed. (errclass: 3785292 and errcode: 3948061)' ( err_class, err_code ), err_class, err_code )
06-12-2005 21:47:32 info sessionerror: ('list path failed. (errclass: 1 and errcode: 5)', 1, 5)

and, yes... i'm using the lastest posted version on your web site. 996b, i think.
affini:

that error is an os error - 'access denied' (did a dialog pop up with that basic message?)

so it's not an error with smb directly, but and access problem.

ruuk
harsh reality:

i've gotten a software list > html thing working, check out the output below:

http://2ndmind.net/xnetload/xbmcinfo/

this is just simple html for the test.
the html is customizable, you just put in keys for the different infos.

images are optional.

tell me what you think, and make any suggestions you want so i can implement them before i finalize it and update the script.

i plan on making an option where you can list your saves as well (with images) but i haven't started that.

this was easier than i thought. Smile

ruuk
(ruuk @ dec. 07 2005,14:44 Wrote:affini:

that error is an os error - 'access denied' (did a dialog pop up with that basic message?)

so it's not an error with smb directly, but and access problem.

ruuk
gotcha... the files in the share perms changed since they did not inherit the folder perms.

arg

:nuts:
ruuk,
i repro'd the path bug...

log entries:
Quote:07-12-2005 19:33:04 info traceback (most recent call last):
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnetload.py", line 351, in oncontrol
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info self.control_response(control)
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnetload.py", line 396, in control_response
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info import xbmcupdate
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 142, in ?
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info main()
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 127, in main
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info not_copied = x.get_xbmc()
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 86, in get_xbmc
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info if os.path.isfile(source): shutil_copyfile(source,dest)
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info file "q:\python\python23.zlib\shutil.py", line 38, in copyfile
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info ioerror: [errno 2] no such file or directory: 'e:\\apps\\xbmcskin\\project mayhem iii\\pal16x9\\_home.xml'
07-12-2005 19:33:04 info loading skin file: dialogyesno.xml

... notice the xbmcskin should be xbmc\\skin

also, if xbmcupdate fails then i can only get it to run again if i reboot the xbox. that is the only thing that will allow it to run. must be a memory leak or something that does not allow it to run. i can click the button but nothing happens... everything else works fine though.
affini:

from your error i can see that it is in the 'copies' part of the update.
it looks like the copy target is the error.
the copy target should be an absolute file name.
so this:

dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_home.xml"

would be in the xml file (not dest="skin\pro...")

i'll look into the lock ups most likely there is an error in the exception handler and the gui is not getting unlocked by the script or some such thing.

ruuk
(ruuk @ dec. 07 2005,22:12 Wrote:affini:

from your error i can see that it is in the 'copies' part of the update.
it looks like the copy target is the error.
the copy target should be an absolute file name.
so this:

dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_home.xml"

would be in the xml file (not dest="skin\pro...")

i'll look into the lock ups most likely there is an error in the exception handler and the gui is not getting unlocked by the script or some such thing.

ruuk
the paths are absolute... i'm using the xml you told me to use in a previous post.

it worked fine after i fixed the path issue and added the preceeding \ for the pathing on the copies and such

it would not copy textures.xpr again... but ftp worked fine even while your script was still running.

there shoud be no issue copying the textures.xpr, ask jmarshall, he'll tell you all about it. i've never had an ftp fail while xbmc was running, never (over 100 builds, at least).

i'v attached my xml to refresh your memory on it...

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xbmc_update>
<!-- where xbmc is installed on you xbox !-->

<xbmc_dir path = "e:\apps\xbmc" />

<!-- optional tag if you want to check for changes in the changelog !-->
<!-- befor doing anything. set check to "true" if you want to use !-->
<!-- it, and fill in the url path and the name of the changelog file !-->
<check_changelog check="" url="ftp://user:[email protected]/mnt/xbox/xbmc" file="changelog.txt" />

<!-- ftp or smb url to the location of new xbmc dir
<source url="smb://"computer";"user":"pass"@192.168.2.3/x/xbmc" />
!-->
<source url="smb://office;xbox:[email protected]/xbmc" />

<!-- put the relative path for each file and directory you do not want !-->
<!-- copy to your xbox. !-->

<exceptions>
<dir path="web" />
<dir path="scripts" />
<file path="xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file path="filezilla server.xml" />
<file path="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" />
<file path="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\home.xml" />
<file path="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\dialogsubmenu.xml" />
<file path="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\home.xml" />
</exceptions>

<!-- put relative source and absolute destination for every file you !-->
<!-- copied to an alternate location after all files are fetched. !-->

<copies>
<file name="xboxmediacenter.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\_xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file name="filezilla server.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\_filezilla server.xml" />
<file name="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\_dialogsubmenu.xml" />
<file name="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\home.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\_home.xml" />
<file name="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\dialogsubmenu.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_dialogsubmenu.xml" />
<file name="\skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\home.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmcskin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_home.xml" />
</copies>

</xbmc_update>
affini:

could you try removing the preceeding backslashes on the dirs.
the error you showed me had nothing to do with backslashes at the beginning of directory paths, and as i said, you should not need them.
i would really just like to see if not having them is really causing any problems because i have not seen an error yet (including from you Smile) that is related to them.

i know that there is no issue when using the xbox ftp server and did not expect that there would be any.

what i know for certain is that when i use the python built-in file writing functions i get a permission denied error every so often on that file.

who is jmarshall? Smile

ruuk

(ruuk @ dec. 08 2005,05:12 Wrote:affini:

could you try removing the preceeding backslashes on the dirs.
the error you showed me had nothing to do with backslashes at the beginning of directory paths, and as i said, you should not need them.
i would really just like to see if not having them is really causing any problems because i have not seen an error yet (including from you Smile) that is related to them.

i know that there is no issue when using the xbox ftp server and did not expect that there would be any.

what i know for certain is that when i use the python built-in file writing functions i get a permission denied error every so often on that file.

who is jmarshall? Smile

ruuk
the last error i posted is the error when the backslashes are removed... please read the comment i posted after it and see the path in the error.

from error i posted:
Quote:07-12-2005 19:33:04 info ioerror: [errno 2] no such file or directory: 'e:\\apps\\xbmcskin\\project mayhem iii\\pal16x9\\_home.xml'

in order for it to work i must keep the backslashes. look above, see the 'xbmcskin'... that is wrong. the path should be 'xbmc\\skin' - removing the preceeding backslash creates an incorrect path in your code.

i'm pretty sure there is a bug in the code... duplicate my setup and you will see:

xbox - xbmc:
e:\apps\xbmc

winxp pc:
\\<server>\xbmc (files in root)

jmarshall is the dev that works most on the xbmc gui and several other areas. he may be able to help with the permission denied on textures.xpr, not sure but it is worth asking him.
hi.last time i tried your script it didn't work for me.
it seem to lack some documentation on how it works.
a guide would be exellent.
mabe i will give thescript a go in the christmas holydays.

havent looked too much on your code, but i hear you are using the smb lib. is this lib used in listing up files, and the copy prosess?
last time i used smb lib, i had problems with a limit of 32 files and folders. it simply won't return more in one list.
anyway i think speed and some other issues would be easier if you use the built in xbmc routine of file handling.
take a look at the httpapicommands that can easily be used from python. it has a getdirectory command that will return
filelist from smb,ftp or whatever xbmc supports.
it also has commands for copy and delete.

look at the end of this link for a list of all commands
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....=markup
documentation of httpapicommands is in a doc file at the sourceforge site.

keep up the good work

affini:

not those backslashes. you originally said you had problems until you added preceding backslashes in the relative paths.

you said:

Quote:example: <dir path="sounds\bursting bubbles" />
needed: <dir path="\sounds\bursting bubbles" />

but the error you showed me was from this bad xml:

Quote: ...dest="e:\apps\xbmcskin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_home.xml" />

so i haven't seen an error yet from the original example.

also, i believe i have a fix for the textures.xpr problem. gotta test it still. i'll get back to you Smile

ruuk
thor918:

thanks for telling me. i tested it and it does only list 32 entries. crap.

there is a readme file that is admittedly not super Smile
there is also "context sensitive" help now within the script.

thanks again.

ruuk
(ruuk @ dec. 08 2005,15:47 Wrote:affini:

not those backslashes. you originally said you had problems until you added preceding backslashes in the relative paths.

you said:

Quote:example: <dir path="sounds\bursting bubbles" />
needed: <dir path="\sounds\bursting bubbles" />

but the error you showed me was from this bad xml:

Quote: ...dest="e:\apps\xbmcskin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9\_home.xml" />

so i haven't seen an error yet from the original example.

also, i believe i have a fix for the textures.xpr problem. gotta test it still. i'll get back to you Smile

ruuk
ok, seriously... i feel like a dork. i missed my own error!

arg... you look at something 100 times and still miss it... reminds me of when i try to code! :veryangry:

thanks for finding my error! :kickass:
when i remove all data from a game, its stil avalable in xlink,
thats because the game has to be removed from udata and tdata (incuding empty maps). and it does not.

i like this to be fixed

thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13