Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: changed the default now playing of PseudoTV for Aeon nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well.... I'm kinda new at this so I guess I did a lot of things wrong (A LOOOOTTT) but the main point is I didn't like the default "Now Playing" overlay of PseudoTV on Aeon Nox... which is a shame since it's my favorite skin! (all the other skins have such a beautiful functional overlay and Aeon Nox have only this thing (-___-) :

Well.... I know mine isn't great..... but it's better (to my opinion at least). I couldn't find a way to enable details scroll up (only found documentation on how to scroll from right to left) and I guess I could have made it that the SXXEXX line on movies not only disappears, but the movie description will take up that place as well (group item I guess?).

This is how it looks like:

If anyone wants to use it be my guest! All you need to do is:
1. go to .../XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
2. rename script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml to script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.BAK
(I don't want to be responsible for any broken things... keep a backup!)
3. copy the given file to the same directory
4. viola!

If anyone wants to help improve this... be my guest :-)

download file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?67m48mhrxexth6d
Thanks for posting this! I was bothered by the way the now playing info looked in Nox too. I saw yours and decided to give fixing it a go too. Basically, I just moved the bar down, extened it down a bit so it could show 3 lines of infor instead of too, made it a bit longer (personal preference), and added in the logo part that was hidden. I sorta liked what there already was, but it just needed some tweaking. Yours looks great by the way!

Here's what mine ended up looking like.

And here is the link!
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/wTqmTmC/scr...verlay.xml
(2013-02-27, 01:29)Skulley0427 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for posting this! I was bothered by the way the now playing info looked in Nox too. I saw yours and decided to give fixing it a go too. Basically, I just moved the bar down, extened it down a bit so it could show 3 lines of infor instead of too, made it a bit longer (personal preference), and added in the logo part that was hidden. I sorta liked what there already was, but it just needed some tweaking. Yours looks great by the way!

Here's what mine ended up looking like.

And here is the link!
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/wTqmTmC/scr...verlay.xml

love it!
does your show description scroll up?? if so, how did you manage to do that?

It looks really good I'll try it on my machine later today

thanks for the positive feedback! :-)
Yes it does. All that I really did was modify the positions and sizes in the existing TVOverlay xml file. I believe that there is a line at the end of the textbox code section makes the text scroll down.

The line is
<autoscroll time="AutoScrollTime" repeat="8000" delay="8000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>

It looks a lot better than the stock one so I'm pretty happy. I found that the logo on the screen can be edited in this file too, but I couldn't edit the channel numbers which I thought was weird because they are definitely part of this file. Oh well haha hope that code helps you out!