Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 1 WiFi Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,
I've just installed on my AT 1 the XBMC system. It looks very great and I enjoy the apparence and the feature. I've a problem with the WiFi card. Infact in the settings, there aren't any refer to that card, to setup my network. Where Can I found that setting ? Should I install some add-on ? Now I' able to surf on Internet only via ethernet cable. Thank for your support !
Is the ATV1 running the original ATV OS still or did you install Crystalbuntu (wiki) or OpenELEC (wiki)?
(2013-02-11, 13:50)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Is the ATV1 running the original ATV OS still or did you install Crystalbuntu (wiki) or OpenELEC (wiki)?

I've installed it via USB Pen Drive with Crystallubuntu, erasing the original OS of Apple.
I believe the wifi utility for Crystalbuntu is still a work in progress. OpenELEC has one, though.
(2013-02-11, 14:04)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the wifi utility for Crystalbuntu is still a work in progress. OpenELEC has one, though.

Do you believe this issue will be fix with OpenElec ? If the answer is yes, is correct to follow this guide ? Is a problem if there isn't the official Apple Os ?
Yes, follow this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...on_AppleTV

There is no issue going from Crystalbuntu to OpenELEC.
(2013-02-11, 15:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, follow this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...on_AppleTV

There is no issue going from Crystalbuntu to OpenELEC.

Thank you for your reply. I've followed the guide to create the USB Pen Drive, Later I will try to setup my ATV 1. Do you there will be some problem, due the before setup, (deleting the Original Os) ?
No, there will be no problem.
(2013-02-11, 17:23)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]No, there will be no problem.

I was trying to setup the OpenElec, via USB, but the ATV after boot goes to the system directly. What can I do to start the setup ? The ATV 1 is connected to Interne tvia ethernet.
On the XBMC main menu go to System and you'll see a new submenu item called OpenELEC. That will have the wifi configuration stuff.
(2013-02-12, 05:57)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]On the XBMC main menu go to System and you'll see a new submenu item called OpenELEC. That will have the wifi configuration stuff.

My problem was the system didn't boot from the USB, so I changed the USB Pen Drive and at the works. Now I have two problem;
1) The Openelec is only on USB Pen Drive and it isn't installed in the HD of ATV 1
2) I can setup my WiFi Network, but on info system, I saw the label "the device isn't connect to Internet". Also I can't get any IP. The ATV works great via ethernet, infact I'm able to download add-on.

What do you suggest me ? Thank you for all of your post.
The USB installer first run for OpenELEC should let you choose if you want an internal HDD install or a USB drive install, I believe. I think it defaults to internal HDD, so I'm not sure other than to say try making a fresh USB installer drive using the OpenELEC wiki instructions.

For 2, does this page help? http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...king_Setup
(2013-02-13, 02:18)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]The USB installer first run for OpenELEC should let you choose if you want an internal HDD install or a USB drive install, I believe. I think it defaults to internal HDD, so I'm not sure other than to say try making a fresh USB installer drive using the OpenELEC wiki instructions.

For 2, does this page help? http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...king_Setup

Now everything works great ! The problem was due I wrote on terminal "install-usb", so the Os was installed over there and not on ATV 1. Also WiFi works great, as well as audio. Thank you for your support. I will make a donation to support this project.
Glad to hear it worked out :)
After a while, I'm getting some trouble with WiFi card. I upgrade with auto-mode my Apple TV, and after reboot, the WiFi Card does't work, only via ethernet I can surf on Internet. What is the problem ? Thank you in advance