Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bluetooth Audio/HDMI audio Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, i'm putting a mac mini server (yea i know over kill, but price was right) in my bathroom... all music will be accessed via my UPNP/DLNA server, or i will be using a PC to "play to" the XBMC receiver in the bathroom (no music stored on mac mini). I want to put a HDMI monitor near the sink area (behind one way mirror actually), and i bought a bluetooth shower speaker so i can actually hear the music in the shower..... OK on to my question, i have not messed with the bluetooth audio on the osx box, so i don't know how XBMC reacts with bluetooth... I don't know if the pause, play, + track, - track buttons will work for one... will they? Question two: how will XBMC or the OSX box react when i'm listening to something, and i shut off the bluetooth device? Will xbmc switch back to the HDMI automatically? Will it switch to bluetooth when i turn it back on? i guess i'm going to find out when the speaker gets here, i don't have any bluetooth audio devices to test with... So any info you can lend will be useful...

Thanks.
Not sure about most of what you asked, but I believe XBMC could work with the bluetooth play/pause/next/etc controls since I think OS X just sees that as media controls.
If you use latest nightly and select the newly introduced "default" audio device it should traverse back and forth from/to bluetooth automagically ...
sweet, thanks guys..
Was this fix applied to the Linux builds as well? We are having trouble with XBMC for Linux (OpenElec) not seeing the Bluetooth device until the system is restarted.

Thanks,
John Hamilton
Nope because linux uses a completly different audio engine (osx uses coreaudio, linux uses softae/alsa/pulesaudio).
what about the android version? THink im going to save the mac mini for something else and use an android tv box for xbmc?

Also FYI the play, pause, and track buttons do not work with osx... googling that now...