Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMCbuntu Frodo 12 Intel/Nvidia I downloaded the iso image yesterday and built the machine from that.

I'm using a samsung TV as my display when using the display at 1920x1080 over HDMI the display stretches bigger then the screen and the colours are all funny, when using it over vga it looks fine, if I use the HDMI connection at 1680x1080 it looks OK but ideally I want it 1920x1080 is there some settings on my graphics card I need to change?
I suspect you are seeing overscan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

Most modern TVs have a facility to disable overscan - look at the aspect or stretch settings. Different manufacturers call it different things - "Just Scan", "Pixel Map". Play around, this is the best thing to fix it.

If that doesn't work, nvidia-settings will set an overscan level - there is a slider. This is less than ideal and will look nowhere near as good as a native TV setting.

As far as resolution is concerned, I am surprised your TV will do more than 1920x1080. Give us the output of xrandr. TVs are usually 1920x1080 because 1080p is the pretty universal format for HD - Blurays are almost all 1080p (a few BBC ones are 1080i). Again the native resolution is best quality, and I'd be surprised if that isn't 1080p (or 720p for a misnamed "HD Ready" set, but it doesn't sound you have that).

Also /var/log/Xorg.0.log will give you clues. pastebin it if you want someone to look at it.