Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBunutu Install Woes - xorg.conf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Well, I've just spent the most unproductive two days trying to upgrade to Frodo on my Aleutia T1 set-top-box.

This was NOT a painless experience, and all is still not well.

1) I discovered that Crystal HD support is broken in Frodo and I needed to rebuild the Crystal HD packages

2) I discovered that the method for suspending on XBMCBuntu using a USB IR receiver is different and that took hours to get going.

3) Now when I resume, instead of going back to the resolution I had before, it goes to the first detected - that doesn't work well with stuttering and all kinds of nastiness on my TV.

So, I built what I thought was a good xorg.conf, but that toasted the whole system and I had to do a complete re-install.

All I want is 1280x720 60Hz as the only resolution available to my DVI port and the ability to suspend/resume from the remote and have it come back at that resolution.

Can it really be that difficult Huh?

D
Perhaps you should tell us what hardware you are running on (I have no idea what GPU the Aleutia T1 contains).

Is this a straight upgrade from eden to frodo or have you reinstalled the whole OS?
Intel D945GSEJT motherboard, 2GB RAM

Intel GMA 950 integrated GPU. Broadcom CrystalHD card.

New install of Frodo on a USB stick.
I don't know much about intel video, but clearly your eden system worked. Why not reinstall it and then update xbmc to frodo?
Actually, the last install I had was a Dharma system. I don't think you can go Dharma->Frodo and leave the OS intact ?
OK - finally got this working.

I had to:

- Add Crystal HD support because it's broken in Frodo
- Create an Xorg.conf with the settings that work best on my monitor.
- Add lines to /etc/rc.local that set the wakeup to the USB IR device and force xrandr to make sure that it always uses my screen resolution.
- Add lines to /etc/default/grub to ensure that the usb autosuspend is off.

I wish this was easier.....
Please document your "fixes" properly. For example, what is broken about crystal hd support and how did you fix it?

What xorg.conf lines did you add? (And by the way it's not xbmc's fault if your monitor doesn't provide proper edid information)