Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide the Watched icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to XBMC just downloaded it, added all my movies and TV shows, and absolutely love it. One thing I would ask though, is there a way to disable the tick that appears when I have finished watching a movie or episode? I did a search, and it seems like this can be done, but everything I found referred either to an older version of XBMC or to Windows. I am running a Mac on Lion 10.7.5 and XBMC Frodo.

I want to remove the tick, because for example, if I watch a TV show, and my wife comes along to watch something, she may assume that there are no new episodes, and she won't watch it. If there are no ticks or marks at all, we will always check the plot summary to decide. Also, I have mild OCD and hate to see things that are not all the same. If some have ticks and others don't, it drives me nuts!

So, is there any way to disable this function entirely?

On a side note while I'm thinking about it, a triangle (play) icon appears next to a movie that has been started and not finished. I assume this tells you that you are part-way through it. But for the same reasons as above, I'd love to disable this, and always start a movie from the beginning (ie, disable the prompt asking if I want to start from the beginning or resume from the point it was last stopped).

Cheers!
Make a new plain text file with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
    <ignorepercentatend>101</ignorepercentatend>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Save it as advancedsettings.xml (without .txt on the end) and save it to your userdata (wiki) folder. On Mac OS X 10.7 you'll need to go to the Finder, hold down the option key, and select the "Go" menu to get to the library folder. From there you go to Application Support, then XBMC, then userdata.
I did this exactly as you said, copied and pasted your code, and it didn't work. I tried three things. First, I saved it as a plain text file, then changed the extension to .xml. Second, I saved it directly as an xml file from the textedit app (Listed as Word 2003 Format (.xml)). The last thing I did was to duplicate another xml file from within the userdata folder, and then change the file name and content. None of this seemed to do what I was looking for. Still have the tick at the end of the watched TV show title, and the play icon at the end of a partially watched movie title.

I appreciate your input though, and I'm sure I'm missing something.
Are these marks on already watched movies, or is it still doing it? Also, post a debug log (wiki) and that will tell us if the advancedsettings.xml file is loading correctly.
Hi Ned,

You can basically ignore my previous post. The settings did exactly what I needed. I thought the code you gave me would disable the setting, thus removing the marks from any and all movies. However, I now realize it is changing the percentage required to be watched before the mark appears. This setting has worked perfectly for all movies and shows watched from this point forward. The remaining marks are from shows that I have watched prior to following your instructions, which I assume can be fixed by reloading those files into the library.

So thanks for your help, all fixed now...I knew the problem would be me, my fingers, or my lack of understanding!
You can mark them unwatched with the "W" key or context menu
Reloading doesn't work
Yeah, I just realized that I could "mark as unwatched" anything with the tick already there. Oops...I've never claimed to be smart!

By the way, I also found the list of advanced settings code in the wiki help site, and that really helped to understand what was going on with the tick marks and with the code you guys gave me. So thanks again for your help - really appreciated.
Glad to hear it was sorted :)