Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't see DLNA server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed XMBC via Nito on my Apple TV2 but can't add any media to it - unlike my Apple TV 1 under SMB I don't have an entry for a WORKGROUP folder. Any suggestions how to enable it? Media is kept on a My Book NAS which the Apple TV1 accesses without a problem.

Both Apple TV's are wired in through the same switch to the network and appear to have identical set ups. Help appreciated!
I'm a little confused because your topic says DLNA server, but it sounds like you are trying to add an SMB server?

In any case, if it works on XBMC for ATV1 then it should be the same set up on XBMC for ATV2. Could be some network funkiness with auto discovery. You could try adding it by selecting "add network location" and manually entering an IP address.
A fair point, the NAS is DLNA compatible but I simply thought I'd copy the settings from the ATV1 which uses SMB. I don't mind what I use but I did try to add the NAS by IP but it couldn't see it.

Any ideas or suggestion of a way forward? I'm a bit of a newb on this stuff. Thanks
**bump**

anyone any ideas?
Add source with ip instead of through workgroup.
(2013-02-13, 20:14)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]Add source with ip instead of through workgroup.

Hi yeah tried that no luck.
Do you think you have the right IP add? Ping from some other machine in the same network.
Aternate - if your NAS has a ftp server, enable it. From XBMC use the ftp protocol and again give the working URL. it should see your shared folders.
Well an update - left it last night and on coming back without changing anything it now sees the NAS so mission (mostly) accomplished.

Though I've set it up as the ATV1 it isn't downloading thumbnails etc, I guess it should be doing that? Anything I may have missed?