Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching betweeen programs with remote/iphone app?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to switch between lets say XBMC, Steam, Firefox and Windows 7 desktop with a remote or iphone app? Like you would have button for each and when you press it it opens the program in question. Switching shouldn't close the programs.

The remote or app should also be able to do basic controls in XBMC and Steam.
getting that to work accross different software will be the tricky party, seeing as there are really no standards (that i know of) for cross control like that.

There is the advanced launcher addon for xbmc that allows you to launch other programs... tho controlling them once they are launched is the main issue i see.

I would assume if you were using steam that you have a controller (xbox maybe?) that may be able to work in several different programs.

What you could use, since your on windows, is Event Ghost. that software picks up keypresses/other ways of sending commands to windows, and you can map specific actions based on what the current window is and such.. that may be the best way to do it currently.

At this point, since there are no standards for poeples' configurations for using many programs like this, there will be no all in 1 remote solution.. yet.. but id be curious to see what others chime in with.