Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Breaking down media source into two categories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this a terribly difficult process? What would I/we be looking at on the screen? What I want to do is have a selection of movies for my grandkids, and another for everyone else. That way I can click on "Kid's Movies" and get all the animated stuff parked there in a single list, and then have all the regular movies in a separate tab or something like that? They are all on one USB drive so I didn't know if I need to create two folders on the Media drive and go from there or is there some way to flag movies so its easier for us to pick from either category?

Hope I'm making sense. -Mike
(2013-02-14, 00:12)DrGrafix Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a terribly difficult process? What would I/we be looking at on the screen? What I want to do is have a selection of movies for my grandkids, and another for everyone else. That way I can click on "Kid's Movies" and get all the animated stuff parked there in a single list, and then have all the regular movies in a separate tab or something like that? They are all on one USB drive so I didn't know if I need to create two folders on the Media drive and go from there or is there some way to flag movies so its easier for us to pick from either category?

Hope I'm making sense. -Mike

Take a look at smart playlists: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlists