Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How has the transition been?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How has everyone found the transition from Eden to Frodo?
I haven't did it yet but going by alot of posts, some have had some trouble, noticed alot of audio,fanart probs.
My transition was fine. Fanart issue was with Transparency for me, and that was just for Home-Movies-fanart settings due to a change in Frodo. No audio issues that i've seen with my collection so far.
Good to hear it. hope when I finally switch I won't have too many probs as I've spent ages getting xmbc the way I want it.
I haven't been able to get wide banners to show up perfectly for all shows, and I can't figure out why.

It will automatically show posters, and if I choose no art for posters, and have a banner, it will show no art. The only way I can get a banner to show up is if I delete the show from the library, and remote update, from sickbeard, with a banner jpg in the tv show folder. I don't have "prefer posters" checked in the content or the skin settings. It is weird. For some shows, it will just show no art, regardless of what I do.

Also, when updating, the update bar doesn't show up anymore, even though I have the option to hide it unselected (default setting).

Frodo seems a bit sluggish compared to Eden too. I'm thinking of going back to Eden.
Thanks for the insight matey. I think I may as well stick with Eden for now, as everything seems to be working as it should. Although, I do get some errors using the Aeon MQ3 skin, seems there is a lot of bother with this skin on Eden now.
I think eventually though, alot of developers with phase out Eden support for Frodo support, which makes sense probably. Thats probably when I'll have to switch.
Interesting, atarijedi. Apart from shutting down xbmc, I find frodo's responsiveness similar to eden. Which skin are you using?