Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, today I tried the version that was included on the RPi build of OpenElec 3.1.0. I didn't put credentials in the URL as its not needed. I created an M3U file with URLs like this:

http://192.168.0.12:9981/stream/channelid//2?mux=pass

It sortof works, but it's not without problems:
- Playback freezes sometime while audio continues to play.
- HD channel playback start with a lot of mosaic blocks and screetching sound. The lasts a few seconds before it corrects itself.
- Flipping between channels is slow. It looks like every channel switch needs at least 5 seconds of buffering.
- I've noticed the audio getting out of sync with the video quote a few times.

In some respects it works better than the TvHeadend add-on on RPi:
- IPTVSimple does not show black screens.
- With IPTVSimple the aspect ratio seems to be correct whereas the TvHeadend add-on mostly gets it wrong.
PVR IPTV Simple client for xbmc now works almost perfectly, but I have still two minor issues with it. First is EPG and special characters in description of programs (e.g. č,š,ž). These are eastern european characters, but EPG does not display them. The first one line of EPG xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

but if this file is saved as UTF-8 encoding (in windows with notepad), EPG in xbmc is empty. The only way EPG is displayed in xbmc is, if the XML file is saved as plain ANSI encoding (with notepad). But in this case special characters are not displayed (these characters are missing, and no alternate characters are displayed instead of them).

The second issue is with alternate media player (with file "playercorefactory.xml"). I have a MK808 player (dual core ARM A9, frequency is 1,6GHz), but with internal xbmc player without HW acceleration is still too slow to play mpeg2 or mpeg4 streams. VLC support HW acceleration and if the same stream is opened with VLC it works, so I change to use external player (VLC for android or VLC for windows), but in both case streams does not play:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -f --play-and-exit</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="VLC"/>
<rule internetstream="true" player="VLC" />
</playercorefactory>

In both cases (on windows and android) xbmc displays "External player closed, press x to close", for any other file types (mp3, mp4, mkv,...) VLC does work. So, VLC as alternate media player doesn't work only for internet streams, and for files it works. On android there is also an option to use MX Player Free, but MX player Free has issues with subtitles where VLC has no issues with subtitles. Has anyone already solved any of both problems yet?
@Peter,

1) the notepad saves the file in UTF-8 with the BOM header. I will fix it in the next version. As temporarily solution please use notepad++ and save the file as UTF-8 without BOM.
2) the xbmc provides an url like 'pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr' as parameter to external player so the player can't open this url. Unfortunatly, I don't know how change this behavior.
Yes, the solution with notepad++ and saving the file as UTF-8 without BOM works. Thanks!
I am testing the latest Gotham build with iptv-simple. Does anyone know if there are any issues with the EPG not beeing loaded?
I am not getting any epg at all, even after EPG database reset. It works on 12.1 Frodo.
@Maniac,

Same as previous author, please, check that xml file was saved without utf-8 bom header.
@afedchin

Just I want to thank you for this great add-on. I am using this on openelec 3.1.0 with lots of love :)
(2013-06-27, 00:28)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]@Maniac,

Same as previous author, please, check that xml file was saved without utf-8 bom header.
Thanks, it worked now. A fix would be nice Smile I don't think I can make webgrabPlus encode the file without the bom header.
hello
I'm new here
this addon ip tv channels you can put the Brazilian TV?
and works on windows and android?
could you give me the link to download the addon?
thank you
@filipekav,

The addon supports any streams. Just provide to it a m3u file with the streams and yes it works on windows and android.
@afedchin can you give me some tips how to do this m3u file?
(2013-06-27, 15:55)filipekav Wrote: [ -> ]@afedchin can you give me some tips how to do this m3u file?

Read first post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1339559
About the EPG encoding issues, I use iconv to convert the file to UTF-8, then the EPG shows just fine. Here's the command from my crontab:

crontab Wrote:/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_se_swedb --quiet --output /home/xxx/svt.xml.tmp && iconv -f "ISO-8859-1" -t "UTF-8" /home/xxx/svt.xml.tmp > /home/xxx/svt.xml
you guys could give me a link to an m3u functional test and I do another based on it?
@filipekav: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1336794, if you would have bothered to read the thread from the beginning you might have actually seen it.