Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The addon doesn't process stream and just provide urls from m3u playlist to the xbmc player. So all performance issues is xbmc issues. You should to understand why your RPi have performance issue with mpeg2 content. Unfortunatly I cannot help you with this issue.
(2014-06-19, 16:51)j1nx Wrote: [ -> ]@zorki
http://swag.raspberrypi.org/products/mpeg-2-license-key

Thank you, but I have a license for a long time.
(2014-06-19, 10:59)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]The addon doesn't process stream and just provide urls from m3u playlist to the xbmc player. So all performance issues is xbmc issues. You should to understand why your RPi have performance issue with mpeg2 content. Unfortunatly I cannot help you with this issue.

It's seems not true.

I downloaded free video clips (MPEG-2 video, MPEG audio) with different resolution, put them in the SD card in Paspberyy Pi and played them with Openelec. Each clip I played for five minutes (short clip loop played). The results of CPU load you can see below:

1. Clip with resolution 368x480 - CPU load - 20% (XBMC - 17%), CPU temperature - 59,5 C;

2.Clip with resolution 720x480 - CPU load - 30% (XBMC - 25%), CPU temperature - 58,4 C;

3. Clip with resolution 1280x720 - CPU load - 35% (XBMC - 25%), CPU temperature - 58,9 C;

4. Clip with resolution 1920x1080 - CPU load - 35% (XBMC - 30%), CPU temperature - 64,3 C.

As you can see XBMC from Openelec on Raspberry Pi work perfectly with MPEG-2 video, without high CPU utilizitation.

After these small tests, I again turned IPTV stream (720x576 MPEG-2 with MPEG audio) with IPTV Simple - CPU load 92% (XBMC - 82%), temperature - 70,1 C.

Any idea why playing IPTV stream with IPTV simple eat CPU like crazy?

PS. After I posted my issue here you published my post (I have been wrote it 13.06.2014) on xbmc.ru yesterday. Thank you!
Hello,
my iptv provider gives udp streams with EPG inside them but iptvsimple plugin didn't show them. Can this addon extract epg data from the stream?
(2014-06-20, 09:54)zorki Wrote: [ -> ]It's seems not true.
again: addon doesn't open streams. Record your stream by another program (IPTV-Player as example), then put the recorded file at SD-card and try to play recorded stream on your Paspberyy Pi.

(2014-06-25, 16:11)Dovydasz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
my iptv provider gives udp streams with EPG inside them but iptvsimple plugin didn't show them. Can this addon extract epg data from the stream?
No, it can't. Addon cannot extract any data from a stream.
(2014-06-25, 16:32)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-20, 09:54)zorki Wrote: [ -> ]It's seems not true.
again: addon doesn't open streams. Record your stream by another program (IPTV-Player as example), then put the recorded file at SD-card and try to play recorded stream on your Paspberyy Pi.

It's seems not true too.
You said I did.
I recorded stream (five minutes), put it at SD-card and played it.
If I play recorded stream with resolution 720x576 (MPEG-2 with MPEG audio) from SD-card - CPU load - 20% (XBMC - 17%), CPU temperature - 52 C.
If I play this stream (720x576 MPEG-2 with MPEG audio) with IPTV Simple from internet - CPU load 91% (XBMC - 81%), temperature - 69 C.

Any idea why playing IPTV stream with IPTV simple eat CPU like crazy?

If you do not know how XBMC works, please tell me where I can get an answer to my question.

Thank you.
@zorki, XBMC is the one playing ALL streams\videos\audio provided by the addon. The IPTV-simle does not play anything, it just provides the url to the stream.

Keep in mind that there is a big diference in playing recorded\local video content and playing live internet streams in XBMC. It probably uses different demuxers or players for each type of video\stream.

Your problem lies elsewhere and not in this addon.
I read that @afedchin is "Team-XBMC Member", but no way for answer why pvr eat cpu...
What can I do? I am not pleasant with answer "I don't know, I don't see, I don't hear, go away!"
Is this a way to decrease CPU load with IPTV simple (or with PVR subsystem)?
Thank you!

And @afedchin talk me:

"The addon doesn't process stream and just provide urls from m3u playlist to the xbmc player. So all performance issues is xbmc issues. You should to understand why your RPi have performance issue with mpeg2 content."

"again: addon doesn't open streams. Record your stream by another program (IPTV-Player as example), then put the recorded file at SD-card and try to play recorded stream on your Paspberyy Pi."

Both statements are false.
Make a URL as list and play it outside of pvriptvsimple in video section, then watch the cpu, if it is same then it's xbmc fault if not its pvriptvsimple .
Tell me how to do it, please.
(2014-06-29, 20:38)zorki Wrote: [ -> ]I read that @afedchin is "Team-XBMC Member", but no way for answer why pvr eat cpu...
What can I do? I am not pleasant with answer "I don't know, I don't see, I don't hear, go away!"
Is this a way to decrease CPU load with IPTV simple (or with PVR subsystem)?
Thank you!

And @afedchin talk me:

"The addon doesn't process stream and just provide urls from m3u playlist to the xbmc player. So all performance issues is xbmc issues. You should to understand why your RPi have performance issue with mpeg2 content."

"again: addon doesn't open streams. Record your stream by another program (IPTV-Player as example), then put the recorded file at SD-card and try to play recorded stream on your Paspberyy Pi."

Both statements are false.

Both statements are not false.

You might have an underpowered box and your network/wifi driver is pushing the CPU. Playing a good high bitrate MPEG-TS recorded and from SD is something different than playing over your network stream.

I almost know for sure that if you loop stream that recording with another PC onto your network and than play that stream, from the video section within XBMC, you have the behaviour.
When I playing a stream from YouTube using the regular addon the CPU load is ~ 25% (h264, FullHD) and the CPU temperature is about 50-52C.

If I play this stream (720x576 MPEG-2 with MPEG audio) with IPTV Simple from internet - CPU load 91% (XBMC - 81%), temperature - 69 C.

I'm trying to find the cause of high CPU usage with PVR stream. I do not care about the general arguments about nothing. Sorry.

Do you help with real arguments?

Thank you!
As soon as you believe the more technical capable guys saying it has nothing todo with the PVR system, then yes.
Well i have also did some tests with PVR backend. I have used tvheadend for comparison version 3.4.28 and 3.4.27 ones on 12.04 and also 14.04. Even if IPTV simple add-on passes the links to xbmc it has to be something different since IPTV add-on is using much more cpu power as for example Tvheadend. And of course the same streams were tested and it was always used HW acceleration if available. All settings were the same deinterlacing,...

After that i have setup for test also a setup on AppleTV 1 without CHD and used once tvheadend and once iptv simple add-on. Using IPTV add-on the stream was using from 95-100% of cpu power and was actually not usable. When i have switched to tvheadend the same stream was using 50-60% cpu power usage.
So even if someone said that it only passes the stream there has to be something different that caouses so much power usage difference.
If you do not believe it you can try to setup by yourself. ATM i have no option to upload debug logs but if anyone is interested i can do that in 10 days.