Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Mode not available on Apple TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I can't seem to get the library mode working on my apple TV. I got it working once on my ubuntu server but it doesn't seem to work on my parent's apple tv. Not sure which gen it is. It's black so I assume second?

Basically, I have 2 sources added via SFTP. These sources are located on my home server. Everything plays fine and even posters are added to the folders. But the library mode toggle is NOT visible in the side pane. I have the scrappers installed on both folders (TV show folder and movies folder) but it's just not appearing. What could I be doing wrong?

Any ideas? Thanks!
As of XBMC v11 (Eden) there is no library toggle. There is library view and file view. See Adding videos to the library (wiki).
(2013-02-15, 21:09)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]As of XBMC v11 (Eden) there is no library toggle. There is library view and file view. See Adding videos to the library (wiki).

as i said, the toggle in the SIDE PANE.
As Ned say, as of XBMC Eden (v11), there is no longer a radio button on the left slider menu for Library mode.
(2013-02-15, 21:25)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]As Ned say, as of XBMC Eden (v11), there is no longer a radio button on the left slider menu for Library mode.

wutt but I remember toggling it in 11 on my server! Sorry for my retardedness then :') That's what might have caused the confusion; i also read other threads and confused the version numbers.

Lemme try some more stuff then

EDIT:
Is it possible the files are not scanned into the DB since they connected to an SFTP share? All the videos in question or on a server at my place and I connect to the server via SFTP. Could that be the problem? Because when I press scan for new content, it doesn't scan anything. The bar appears real quick and then disappears

EDIT2:
I added a network location which is located at my parents home NAS (contains 2 old movies) and that did the trick. It just doesn't seem to want to scan SFTP locations
I think there is a bug with SFTP sources. I think it is fixed in nightly builds (wiki) and will be fixed in the v12.1 bug fix release.