Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I create an xorg.conf file in Frodo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried entering console mode by pressing ctrl alt f1, but it doesn't work.
I've googled everything for answers, but failed to get proper instructions.
if the prefix of your topic is correct....you use windows ?!

there is no console and no xorg.conf in windows Wink
@hybe
If you are indeed running Windows, perhaps you can explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe someone can then explain how to get it done in Windows.
(2013-02-16, 00:39)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]@hybe
If you are indeed running Windows, perhaps you can explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe someone can then explain how to get it done in Windows.

haha! alright! How stupid of me! Pretty embarrassing!Blush

I read guides how to change the current full RGB mode (0-255) to limited (16-235), which included adding a couple of lines to the xorg.conf file.

I just want an correct output that's suitable for normal HD movies and doesn't clip BTB,
It's pretty hard calibrating a display using DVE or other test-patterns, when you don't get the right signal to your display.
Right now; I've slightly altered the brightness/contrast settings in XBMC to get BTB, but I'm not really sure it's the best way to go.

I'm not sure why this isn't discussed more. It should be very important for most to get the best possible and accurate picture quality.